Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I've actually been considering this exact set! What camera are you using them on? How do you like the set overall?

They are perfect for me, use them on a D750 and a NX1. Great color, "pop", and the size is is a godsend. Very smooth focus, all metal build. 28, 40, and 90mm work with my SLR magic anamorphot wide open.  All have pretty long focus throws (20mm: 180, 28mm: 140, 40mm: 150, 58mm: 200, 90mm: 270), and can focus very close, the 40/90 have macro adapters. All are razor sharp wide open near the center, with the 20mm suffering from poor corners.

My least favorite is the 58mm, same great color but different rendering than the rest, and focusing on it is somehow more difficult than the others. I only use it in low light situations.

17 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

You ever use the 40mm & slr magic combo with the new anamorphot single focus thingie ? Interested in picking up the anamorpjot again @Geoff CB

Have not tried with the single focus Rangefinder, though I really want to see if it works. I love the results I get with the SLR Magic anamorphot and 40mm but it is difficult to focus with the small ring on the lens.

29 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Wow, works well with the anamorphic.

What aperture?

5.6, But if you nail focus you can get sharp results wide open, this is at f2.

Busy Bar

They showed a 75mm f1.8 SL II Publicly but never released it :( Still...might go for the older model one.

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/02/14/voigtlander-color-skopar-282-8-sl-ii-n-and-heliar-classic-751-8-sl-ii-n-lenses-announced-f-mount.aspx/

How consistent are the Canon NewFD lenses in rendering through the portfolio? Let's say if you shoot the FD 28 f2, 50 f1.4 (or 1.8) and 85 f1.8 on a Sony. Will you get consistent rendering and colors?

I'm looking for a set of 28 - 50 - 85 (for use on an APS-C system) with integrated aperture settings and an aperture of ~ f/2 so I basically ended at Canon FD vs Nikon F (mainly because many systems don't have a good 28mm f/2), but am more torn towards Canon because of the warmer rendering (most modern cameras seem to tend more towards blue or green).

2 hours ago, Phil A said:

How consistent are the Canon NewFD lenses in rendering through the portfolio? Let's say if you shoot the FD 28 f2, 50 f1.4 (or 1.8) and 85 f1.8 on a Sony. Will you get consistent rendering and colors?

I'm looking for a set of 28 - 50 - 85 (for use on an APS-C system) with integrated aperture settings and an aperture of ~ f/2 so I basically ended at Canon FD vs Nikon F (mainly because many systems don't have a good 28mm f/2), but am more torn towards Canon because of the warmer rendering (most modern cameras seem to tend more towards blue or green).

I had both lenses and I kept the Nikon. The bokeh is nicer, in my opinion, and it's a little better build quality. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Phil A said:

i would personally go with the canons, just because they focus the right way.

13 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Roughly 50mm with proper hard stops and a distance scale. Nice and light. And razor sharp.

Does it allow proper focus pulls? When i tried this with the 12mm f2.0, the focus "jumped" as soon as it hits the corresponding marks - quite akward.

On May 17, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Phil A said:

Canon fd L color matches better. The colors always remained consistent to me

6 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ive only played a little at home with the combo, but the Oly 17mm f1.8 on the bmpcc is a perfect match.

Roughly 50mm with proper hard stops and a distance scale. Nice and light. And razor sharp.

IMG_20160520_082652.md.jpg

Didn't know you had a Pocket. Very cool combo. Looking forward to some footage. 

• Super Members

Today I picked up the 35mm f1.4 and completed my trio for the M8 (also 28mm f2 and 50mm f1.5).

Got all of them in absolute mint condition for a good price used. Will work on any mirrorless camera for video as well.

The best part, besides the excellent image is the very nice build quality and smooth focus, with tabs on all but the 50mm.

IMG_20160521_132244.md.jpg

Very pancakish.

IMG_20160521_132418.md.jpg

IMG_20160521_132550.md.jpg