Lenses

Andrew Reid

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have realized that I love lenses that vignette, so much so, that I will add vignettes in post to either enhance the natural vignette, or to add a vignette that wasn't there.

So obviously, I know it can be added in post, but I'd love some recommendations of good lenses that vignette.

The mount or format isn't much of a concern... actually I'd love to hear about different lenses from different mounts.

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, mercer said:

So obviously, I know it can be added in post, but I'd love some recommendations of good lenses that vignette.

There is an argument that good lens that vignettes are contradictions in terms but I know what you mean !

You'll hate me for pointing you in this direction but based on stuff I've seen from @Andrew Reid , the "slightly bigger than full frame" of the GFX100 yields some really pleasant results vignette wise when using old SLR lenses on it.

Sledgehammer to crack a nut though obviously.

17 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

There is an argument that good lens that vignettes are contradictions in terms but I know what you mean !

Obviously, I understand the contradiction... haha. And I knew you'd know what I meant.

I end up reaching for my Canon 28mm 1.8 a lot of times because it has that vignette that allows me to push the exposure a little higher in certain situations because I know that the vignette will help to cloak my highlights a little.

And I know I've mentioned the Sigma 30mm 1.4 Art that covers full frame with a pleasing vignette... I just haven't found one for the right price yet.

21 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

You'll hate me for pointing you in this direction but based on stuff I've seen from @Andrew Reid , the "slightly bigger than full frame" of the GFX100 yields some really pleasant results vignette wise when using old SLR lenses on it.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it. If I could figure out how to make money with any of this crap, I'd probably own one by now. 

• 2 weeks later...