Lenses

Andrew Reid

44 minutes ago, Parker said:

What is the crop factor of an average c-mount lens? I've considered buying some before because I'm pretty sure they would work for 4k on the NX500 given the camera's extreme 2.4x crop and all, some of them look like they'd be pretty sweet to play around with. Has anyone tried this? 

C mounts won't focus to infinity on the nx500... I know... I tried.  They are cool macro lenses on it though. 

38 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Is there a thread on here that shows all the c-mount lenses that can cover a m4/3 sensor ? I like the look of these lenses but I shoot stills as well so it would be dope if there was a list setup somewhere 

I don't think there's a list on here for micro 4/3... Other than the c mount list for the BMPCC. Might be a good place to start. Or try Flickr. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

BTW, from shooting Leicas the last months I can say I really dig the Voigtlander M lenses.
My favorite by far due the to the quality/€ is the 28mm f2.0 Ultron.

Gets you really broad and nice zones for zone focus with a pretty wide aperture and the focus is buttery smooth.
Not like the 15mm where everything from 0.7m to infinity is in focus at f4.5, but still.
Here is a sample, again using T-Max100.

27252106713_7f961a45a5_z.jpg
Hanging Around Down Town by Mattias Burling, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

BTW, from shooting Leicas the last months I can say I really dig the Voigtlander M lenses.
My favorite by far due the to the quality/€ is the 28mm f2.0 Ultron.

Gets you really broad and nice zones for zone focus with a pretty wide aperture and the focus is buttery smooth.
Not like the 15mm where everything from 0.7m to infinity is in focus at f4.5, but still.
Here is a sample, again using T-Max100.

27252106713_7f961a45a5_z.jpg
Hanging Around Down Town by Mattias Burling, on Flickr

I had the 35mm f1.2 , 50mm 1.1 & the 70mm voigtlander, super sharp & beautiful OOF rendering. Too bad I could only use em on e mount cams

45 minutes ago, tweak said:

@mercer @Mattias Burling 12.5 Fuji only covers 4K on GH4 not 1080p. Also I feel the 12.5mm is the least impressive of the Fuji line up of lenses sadly. It's still however a decent lens. 

Right, I didn't take photos or shoot anything other than 4K with my old g7. I like it on the BMMCC though, but I would like it better with a different focus distance and if it had a better focus ring. The way the entire front of the lens turns feels odd when pulling focus, but the IQ is nice. 

• Super Members
8 hours ago, tweak said:

@mercer @Mattias Burling 12.5 Fuji only covers 4K on GH4 not 1080p. Also I feel the 12.5mm is the least impressive of the Fuji line up of lenses sadly. It's still however a decent lens. 

Never used a GH4 so I wouldn't know. It covers my sensor completely.

7 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

I had the 35mm f1.2 , 50mm 1.1 & the 70mm voigtlander, super sharp & beautiful OOF rendering. Too bad I could only use em on e mount cams

Yeah I wish they could be used on Canon as well. At least they go on nicely on Bkackmagic and other mft.

I also dig the 50mm f1,5 a lot. Preforms way over its price. Super cheap on the used market as well.

7 hours ago, mercer said:

Do you have the 25mm? If so, what did you use for a spacer when you modified it?

The 25mm is easy to modify (probably the easiest), you can just dremel or file a bit off the corners of the back of the lens until it seats far enough down in the adapter..

7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I dremeled my adapter instead, keeps the lenses looking nice.

That's only possible for some 25mm, others it is impossible to take enough off the adapter to reach infinity.
12.5 and 75 both need no modification if you have the correct adapter. 50mm needs about 1.5mm taken off the back of the lens with a thin adapter. 8, 17 and 35 are all very hard mods and need a lot of work.

7 minutes ago, tweak said:

That's only possible for some 25mm, others it is impossible to take enough off the adapter to reach infinity.
12.5 and 75 both need no modification if you have the correct adapter. 50mm needs about 1.5mm taken off the back of the lens with a thin adapter. 8, 17 and 35 are all very hard mods and need a lot of work.

But with the 25 and 35, you don't need to dremel or file anything. For the 35mm, you just unscrew the back plate and glue the adapter to the lens. For the 25mm, you unscrew the back plate and then use some kind of spacer that will sandwich in between the adapter and the aperture ring... Very easy to make it clickless as well. I just haven't found a good material to use as a spacer. 

Depends if you want it to work properly/ be proper or not ;) . If just glue it together you can't change to different mounts. Edward K does an amazing job on these lenses. 8, 17 need more work than removing the rear. 25 and 50 0.7 also need a lot of work.

Mine are also all click-less.

56 minutes ago, tweak said:

Depends if you want it to work properly/ be proper or not ;) . If just glue it together you can't change to different mounts. Edward K does an amazing job on these lenses. 8, 17 need more work than removing the rear. 25 and 50 0.7 also need a lot of work.

Mine are also all click-less.

I can easily get infinity focus on the 25mm by taking off the rear ring and using a Fotasy adapter. Even without the spacer it works.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/13547-czj-tevidon-versus-fujinon-cctv.html#post176111