Lenses

Andrew Reid

19 minutes ago, mercer said:

So the Nikon version is clickless but the canon version isn't? Weird. So, wait... You're gonna get the Ef version and use them on the 5d but not the NX? What will you use with the NX1? Speaking of 5D, have you seen Volker Schmidt's 5D Raw videos? They look great. I think he has one posted on your film grain thread. 

Yeah and you gotta unscrew this thing on the lens to declick it. Im not sure what im going to do to be honest I need time to think. i would rather a thinner adapter that is closer to the sensor vs one as thick as the nikon adapter. That weight in the front from the lens sitting on such a thick adapter is more taxing on a mount than a thin one. Plus I don't think the weather sealing will work as effective with an adapted lens as well as a native one will, key reason why it would be smart to get a Canon body. Volker's vids show the level of quality you can get out of the body so I wont be losing with the hacked Canon. Either way canon or nikon mount i'll use em on the nx1

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah and you gotta unscrew this thing on the lens to declick it. Im not sure what im going to do to be honest I need time to think. i would rather a thinner adapter that is closer to the sensor vs one as thick as the nikon adapter. That weight in the front from the lens sitting on such a thick adapter is more taxing on a mount than a thin one. Plus I don't think the weather sealing will work as effective with an adapted lens as well as a native one will, key reason why it would be smart to get a Canon body. Volker's vids show the level of quality you can get out of the body so I wont be losing with the hacked Canon. Either way canon or nikon mount i'll use em on the nx1

It will be the same weight, and moment. Unless they redesigned every lens for it's mount (which would make them different lenses) they all have the same distance from the optics to the sensor, so the weight of the adapter is inside the lens housing, and the distance from the front to the sensor is the same, as is the distance from the optics to the sensor, so in the end the moment is the same also. You can adapt nikon to canon, just in case you don't know. If you do so, get a good adapter, I have bad ones an they are terrible.

3 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Stick with the Nikon, which can be adapted to pretty much anything. Get a better Nikon adapter for the NX1.

I use some pretty huge glass on the NX1 - Nikkor 28-70 (which people called "the beast" when it came out, but freaking amazing lens), 80-200 2.8, Canon FL 19mm… rails and a lens support are pretty mandatory. Especially if you use a follow focus, still lens mounts aren't made for smooth focus pulls and the frame can shift when you first start moving the focus; adding a little tension at the lens support is the only way I've found to totally lock focus down. You can see one edge of the support just under the AF/MF switch:

nxrig-home.jpg.27c7610a695fc6483999d4c78 

19 minutes ago, M Carter said:

I use some pretty huge glass on the NX1 - Nikkor 28-70 (which people called "the beast" when it came out, but freaking amazing lens), 80-200 2.8, Canon FL 19mm… rails and a lens support are pretty mandatory. Especially if you use a follow focus, still lens mounts aren't made for smooth focus pulls and the frame can shift when you first start moving the focus; adding a little tension at the lens support is the only way I've found to totally lock focus down. You can see one edge of the support just under the AF/MF switch:

Hondo Garage makes a rig with an anti-twist design that looks brilliant. I cannot say first hand, because I don't use a follow focus. I find I can get a pretty good focus pull with a simple follow focus lever. Of course, Hondo Garage's 50 dollar follow focus looks like a great low budget design that I'm tempted to try. 

16 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah but its not clickless ! For some weird reason i am not seeing the same sharpening artifacts i got with my other lenses in the nx1 video. Think my theory is correct about the body. Anywho im for sure sticking with these lenses just probably in a different mount. may need to go to the 5d and use the ef mount version. Strong feeling they are too heavy for the nx mount

No the Milvus ZE do NOT have aperture ring!

http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_us/camera_lenses/milvus/milvus1450.html

Zeiss doesn't have any ZE lens that has aperture ring.

5 hours ago, M Carter said:

I dont use rigs but its good to know that there are even bigger lenses being used on the nx1. Now i dont have to worry about destroying this mount !

Anyone tried Tamron Adaptall?

I have several Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses, some of which are much better than others but one of my favourites as the 80-210 (103A) which can be purchased by the lorry-load for very cheap. I shot this entire video in 1080p using the Samsung NX1000 and the Tamron lens (no sharpening in post).

I now use the Tamron lenses with the NX1 but as mentioned already in this thread I was concerned with weight of the lenses and pressure on the mount so I bought a cheap lens collar and made it fit the lens adaptor (AD2-NX) and now the adaptor takes the weight.

M Carter

Im using the same Nikon  28-70mm on a similar rig but I have a lens support that also has the lens cable tied to it so you get no movement when using the follow focus

thjis locks the lens front right down onto the lens support on the 15mm rods and no movement  see pic below

DSC_0064.jpg

14 minutes ago, andy lee said:

the Sigma 24-70 will give you a great usable range , 24mm for your wides , 40mm for your mids and 70mm for your close ups ,you can shoot 90% of a movie with that set up ! or put my favourite Nikon 28-70 f2.8 on it

These look they can replace all the primes I use... how much does it cost? Sigma is sharper or the same as Nikon?

8 minutes ago, andy lee said:

there are lenses from Nikon in my opinion they are the best as they have apperture rings and amazing glass

I'll consider them. Also the "old" tamron 28-75 f2.8 looks interesting and can be found for much less. The Nikon seems very soft at the edges.