Lenses

Andrew Reid

are you still looking at the milvus?

actually bought the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.4 milvus ! Waiting for it to come in the mail. Had to make sure it has no issues adapting to Canon as I might get the 5d mark iii as a second camera or go all out and get the 21mm and 85mm milvus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

actually bought the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.4 milvus ! Waiting for it to come in the mail 

nice. i love 35mm f2 lenses. my 35mm f2 Takumar came in today. I got a couple minutes with it and it's an awesome little lens, obviously not in the same league as the milvus, but cool nonetheless. 

actually bought the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.4 milvus ! Waiting for it to come in the mail. Had to make sure it has no issues adapting to Canon as I might get the 5d mark iii as a second camera or go all out and get the 21mm and 85mm milvus

Let us know how you like them!

Fyi, Leica R can be adapted to every lens mount as well, and Olympus OM, M42, Contax/Yaschica, and a couple more I'm forgetting can be adapted to Canon EF.

Let us know how you like them!

Fyi, Leica R can be adapted to every lens mount as well, and Olympus OM, M42, Contax/Yaschica, and a couple more I'm forgetting can be adapted to Canon EF.

Good to know ! believe me I love vintage lenses but I am giving lenses designed for modern sensors a spin. Digital sensors and film are completely different by design and we have to account for that. If i wasnt shooting an nx1 i'd def try the contax glass 

Hey guys! Is anyone here knowledgeable about the Olympus OM lens lineup? I'm looking to put together a budget set, but what little information I can find is vague and, in some cases, contradictory. 

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

I have a little first hand knowledge. I have the 50mm 1.8 and the 28mm 3.5. They are both decent little lenses. Although I never tried it, I know the 50mm 1.4 is highly regarded for video. That vintage lenses for video guy has a few videos covering and featuring that lens. On the wide end, the 28mm f2 is supposed to be great. I've even read a few claims on some forums that it is one of the best 28mm lenses ever made. Good news is that most of their lenses can be had cheap. Even the 28mm f2 can be had for less than 200 bucks. 

Finally had time to pick up the 35mm from the post office.

Had a quick play on the BMCC and I like what I see. Very clean bokeh balls.

Also really like the build, which I normaly dont on old Nikkors. But this had a nice solid feel.

IMG_20160203_193209.md.jpg

Nikkor-N, how is the focus ring? Every old nikkor I ever bought has a real dry focus ring. 

Nice Mattias! I used to own one of those, I liked the build and focus ring.

Have the AIS 35 1.4 now and it's great, but I do like the longer focus throw on the older one.

Hey guys! Is anyone here knowledgeable about the Olympus OM lens lineup? I'm looking to put together a budget set, but what little information I can find is vague and, in some cases, contradictory. 

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

I have owned the 28 3.5 and 50 1.8/50 1.4 at various points and they're pretty great.

Very small lenses. Front aperture ring is a bid odd.

The colors from the lenses are awesome. Love the coating on the Zuiko lenses.

They're still cheap too. I definitely want to pick up a basic kit for myself to keep.

They have a lot of macro lenses available for an older line up.

Finally had time to pick up the 35mm from the post office.

Had a quick play on the BMCC and I like what I see. Very clean bokeh balls.

Also really like the build, which I normaly dont on old Nikkors. But this had a nice solid feel.

IMG_20160203_193209.md.jpg

I think this is the radioactive one, just in case you mind.

So, I came across a 35mm f2 RMC Tokina m42 lens on eBay today that I never knew existed. It was a little pricy, but I thought I would never find another one, so I jumped on it. Anybody have any experience with it?

I figured it would pair nicely with my RMC 17mm and 25-50mm. 

23 minutes ago, mercer said:

Dang! Those are some sharp ass pics. 

The fur on the leopard and the camel is nuts... Even zoomed in a couple hundred percent. But then I zoomed in on the pelican's feathers and... Whoa!!!

Is that the San Diego Zoo?

Hell yeah bro ! Felt like I was cheating myself using the other lenses after seeing these ! Its jpgs edited in vsco it aint even the raw stills ! And yeah its san diego zoo I love doing my cam tests there !

only thing about these lenses are they are HEAVY. Scared I will damage the NX mount. I may send em back to get the canon mount versions instead in case I do end up getting a canon body. So far so good though the lenses really bring out the detail in the sensor, cant wait to see the video

55 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Hell yeah bro ! Felt like I was cheating myself using the other lenses after seeing these ! Its jpgs edited in vsco it aint even the raw stills ! And yeah its san diego zoo I love doing my cam tests there !

only thing about these lenses are they are HEAVY. Scared I will damage the NX mount. I may send em back to get the canon mount versions instead in case I do end up getting a canon body. So far so good though the lenses really bring out the detail in the sensor, cant wait to see the video

Yeah, they're sick. Can't believe they're jpegs. Good on you. And I thought the Contax Zeiss Planar I got the other week was sharp... Well it is but these new Zeiss are next level. Does the canon version have An aperture ring?

52 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah, they're sick. Can't believe they're jpegs. Good on you. And I thought the Contax Zeiss Planar I got the other week was sharp... Well it is but these new Zeiss are next level. Does the canon version have An aperture ring?

Yeah but its not clickless ! For some weird reason i am not seeing the same sharpening artifacts i got with my other lenses in the nx1 video. Think my theory is correct about the body. Anywho im for sure sticking with these lenses just probably in a different mount. may need to go to the 5d and use the ef mount version. Strong feeling they are too heavy for the nx mount

42 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah but its not clickless ! For some weird reason i am not seeing the same sharpening artifacts i got with my other lenses in the nx1 video. Think my theory is correct about the body. Anywho im for sure sticking with these lenses just probably in a different mount. may need to go to the 5d and use the ef mount version. Strong feeling they are too heavy for the nx mount

So the Nikon version is clickless but the canon version isn't? Weird. So, wait... You're gonna get the Ef version and use them on the 5d but not the NX? What will you use with the NX1? Speaking of 5D, have you seen Volker Schmidt's 5D Raw videos? They look great. I think he has one posted on your film grain thread.