B Roll Camera Recommendation for G6

shotbyshaun

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This makes me LOL- This is the first time I've ever seen someone ask for a more affordable B-cam to a G6! The G6 usually comes up in conversation as an affordable B-cam to something like a GH3. I really don't think you're going to find anything cheaper in this class of performance, as it already *IS* the recommended B-cam! :)

Even though the G6 is cheap, it still can be a lot of money for some people.

You could try finding a second hand G6. Or a second hand GH2. I'm planning on selling my GH2, send me a PM if you are interested.

If you really want something dirt cheap: Panasonic GF3/GF5. You can get them for €100 sometimes. Or buy a kit and sell the lens(es). It doesn't have full manual video though.

If you can afford another G6, why wouldn't you? Keep using the same workflow, same lenses. The cameras will have the same colour renditions, etc.

This makes me LOL- This is the first time I've ever seen someone ask for a more affordable B-cam to a G6! The G6 usually comes up in conversation as an affordable B-cam to something like a GH3. I really don't think you're going to find anything cheaper in this class of performance, as it already *IS* the recommended B-cam! :)

Even though the G6 is cheap, it still can be a lot of money for some people.

You could try finding a second hand G6. Or a second hand GH2. I'm planning on selling my GH2, send me a PM if you are interested.

If you really want something dirt cheap: Panasonic GF3/GF5. You can get them for €100 sometimes. Or buy a kit and sell the lens(es). It doesn't have full manual video though.

Hi guys. First and foremost thank you for your quick, common sense responses to my question. @Julian thank you kindly for the GH2 nod.  On reflection, the simplicity of two G6 cameras makes perfect sense so I will work towards that outcome.  Once again, thanks for your feedback.

I use 2 x G6 as my main setup now - I do also use a Panasonic GF3 as a B Roll camera - Ive hacked it with Drifwood Quantum 10 hack so it kicks out 120 mb/s files - and its a cheap camera , under 100 UK pounds on ebay

all my G6 lenses etc work well on it as its micro 4/3

ps:  GF3 is superb outside in daylight - no banding at all in skies etc (Unlike my hacked GH2 which has banding in daylight skies)

GF3 is an auto iso camera so fine in bright light where it automatically goes down to 160 iso

but in low light and at night it auto racks up the iso and can get noisy - so take that into account - its a daylight out side camera

Also cheap these days is the Panasonic G3 - now this has the same sensor in it as the GH2 - so nice images - but again its an auto iso camera so same applies as for the GF3