What would your ideal compact camera for video be?

Flynn

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

What got me thinking about this is a recent post on 43 rumors where Olympus has patented a f1 50mm (equivalent) lens, possibly for an upcoming XZ camera with a 1/1.7" sensor. This would be equivalent to something like f4.5 full frame. Anyway, my ideal camera would be something like this:

1. Five axis image stabilization (Olympus just introduced this with their inexpensive SH1, 5 axis image stabilization is possible on the smaller cameras)

2. a m43 sensor in a body no bigger than the GM1

3. paired with the Olympus 25mm f1.8 as the kit lens

4. has something like cinelike d or s-log 2

5. mic and headphone jacks

The BMPCC is very close, though for H.264 video, like fuzzynormal says, those Panasonic cameras are near perfection.

I'm not sure chromatic moire will ever be fixed on any bayer-sensor 1080p camera.  The biggest surprise, for me, is how good 4K sampled down to 2K looks.  As Andrew said, if you want prefect 2K you want 4K.

o. Maybe a filter to improve moire on the BMPCC?

o. Manual lenses (not focus by wire) for the BMPCC that are wide, with a range-finder like focus viewfinder attached? :)  Or a focus box in the middle of the screen?  

o. Maybe a focus confirmation dot, like Nikon, when the BMPCC is in focus in a square you can move around?

o. A smart hot shoe on the BMPCC where you could attached an EVF and/or external mic/recorder?

What I really want is more people to buy BMPCCs so Blackmagic makes them a business/development priority.  

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

What does compact mean here exactly? like a pocket kind of camera? I hate tiny cameras for video. It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's because I was used to enormous bricks of film cameras but also maybe because small cameras are not ergonomic for video use. 

I found the perfect size and weight and design in the Canon C100. It's small. Really small. Close to a rebel actually. But not "too" small to use.
Give me that body with:
-A large bright EVF
-ProRes recording (small ones, called LT I think?) or Avid DNxHD
-An efficiently compressed 4K recording mode (as in the GH4- 100mpbs or 200)
-A highly lossless compressed raw mode (Red)
-A7S low-light ability
-60p Slowmotion
-10 bit 422 out of HDMI and SDI
-Various crop modes
-5-axis sabilization in body 
-and maybe the ability to turn into Megan Fox when I need it :)

small cameras are not ergonomic for video use.

This is true, but the innocuous size of the pocket cams do allow for acquiring certain shots that otherwise one might not get. I can control a big camera better, but for some of the gigs I've done, having a big camera just isn't a great idea.

Not sure how many here have had to endure a shakedown from authorities in Cambodia or other developing countries, but avoiding that scenario by not looking "pro" does have value.