Anywhere, but here - Shot D5200, GH1, RX100

mojo43

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ahh! I have been doing a similar thing - gathering clips over a period of time from various places to eventually put into one video piece. Yours has turned out fantastically well though :D God, I'm jealous. And also inspired. Well done again! May I ask what lenses you've been using and if you used any kind of chest rig or anything like that for the "handheld" shots?

Ahh! I have been doing a similar thing - gathering clips over a period of time from various places to eventually put into one video piece. Yours has turned out fantastically well though :D God, I'm jealous. And also inspired. Well done again! May I ask what lenses you've been using and if you used any kind of chest rig or anything like that for the "handheld" shots?

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I didn't use any rigs, just handheld. I shot all of this with a sigma 30mm f1.4 on the Nikon cameras and a 14-140mm on the GH1. I got better at shooting handheld after all of these years, but I did recently pick up a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 which is stabilized.

So, who here would rather watch a GH1 video in the hands of someone with talent --than a hack neophyte running around with a GH4?

What's it all about, after all?  (...I ask on a blog forum specifically about the latest and greatest gear...)

Films like this easily challenge the wishful conception that great equipment make a great filmmaker.

Thanks for the inspiration mojo.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

So, who here would rather watch a GH1 video in the hands of someone with talent --than a hack neophyte running around with a GH4?

What's it all about, after all?  (...I ask on a blog forum specifically about the latest and greatest gear...)

Films like this easily challenge the wishful conception that great equipment make a great filmmaker.

Thanks for the inspiration mojo.

+1 

Quality looks brilliant. It doesn't get much better than that.

Great work mojo

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just watched for the 4th time, you are a genius Sir. You particularly captured Egypt BEAUTIFULLY! If you ever come here again and need anything, feel free to ask. 

Wow guys, thanks so much for all of the positive responses! It really means a lot to me. I love making these videos, but it also nice to hear that other people like to watch them. Especially people with talent like you from this forum!

Ebrahim, Egypt is such a wonderful place to visit. The people and the culture is so wonderful. I honestly had a hard time capturing bad frames there.