What Rode mic to get?

pitch4d

Hey all I own a Nikon D5300 and I am looking to purchase a shotgun mic for some run and gun stuff.  My question is since it doesn't have a headphone jack which Rode videomic should I get so that I can plug in my headphones and mic with an adapter.

at 1:04 he explains the use of a splitter so he can use his headphones with it.

So what Rode mics have a removable cable from the mic itself?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Since you don't have a headphone jack on the camera you have two options, get an external recorder and set it up like your video....in the video the only reason they have a spliter coming out of the headphone jack on the recorder is for a guide track inside the camera so it's easier to sync the recorder audio with the camera. As for the microphone to get if you're going the external mic route I think the Rode NGT-2 is usually favored. 

Second option would be a shotgun mic that can mount to your hotshoe and has a built in recorder with a headphone jack the Shure Vp83F http://amzn.to/1edCUe3 comes to mind.  Rode I believe was actually the first to announce a mini shotgun with internal recorder several years ago called the video mic pro HD but I haven't seen it being sold anywhere.