What lens mount is this please?

DreamingBMCC

Hello,

today I bought a 17 mm prime lens RMC Tokina on a yard sale for 6 €. The seller haggled really hard and did not want to settle for 5 :). I do not know what mount the lens has and neither did the owner, but for 6 € I'd use it as a paper weight if I cannot adapt it haha :)

Pic of the mount:

post-21410-0-56882000-1392514671_thumb.j

Can you guys help me, what mount is this? 

Cheers!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ive had a good look thru all my lenses and I cant find what this is!! 

I can tell you what its not

not pentax K Bayonet, Rollei QBM, Olympus OM, Contax Yashica , Nikon, Fujica X, Praktica pb, Minolta A, Konica AR

anyone else want to have a look at this ? what is it???

That looks quite a bit like a Minolta MD mount, or a Leica R mount, but I believe those two had only one lever, instead of two. Right now I have no lens within my reach to make sure. But if I had to guess, and if Nikon F, C/Y and Konika AR are ruled out, I'd guess it's a Minolta MD mount. At least it looks very similar.

You could also try and see which mounts Tokina has made that particular lens for, and then rule out all but one or two most likely ones. I believe the two levers inside the mount are a good tell-tale sign when ruling out the possibilities.

Well, it does indeed look quite like an old Nikon F or AI, and that was my first guess when I saw the photo.

But I dropped that guess, because Andy seemed to be sure it's not Nikon in his comment above. 

I hope you can find someone with a Nikon body to confirm it.

I can't, because the Quirky household is a 100% Nikkor-free zone at the moment. :)

As a Nikon shooter, I wouldn't actually rule out Nikon.

Granted, it doesn't look like most of the Nikon F mount lenses I've used (which all vary, depending on AI-S, AI, AF-S etc), but it's not too far off from what an AI-S 105mm f/2.5 looks like: '>

It might fit. The RMC Tokina 17mm was made for Nikon mount at least. DreamingBMCC makes a valid point though - the rear element circle seems very small. But perhaps that's a part of the lens design.

EDIT: This seems to be the same lens, for 35mm Pentax, so the small rear image circle seems to be part of the lens design: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/36-sold-items/241488-sale-sold-tokina-17mm-rmc-f-3-5-lens.html - So, I'd try to see if it fits on a Nikon - without forcing it in...

It is a Nikon. I bought an adapter F mount to Canon EF and it fits my EOS now. 30€  total, I am quite happy. I played a bit with it and it is much sharper than my 18-135 @18 mm in any aperture setting.

This would also make a nice standard lens on the BMPCC plus with a Nikon to BMPCC speedbooster I could have two different lenses in one.

A follow up questions regarding that, that is slightly of topic and requires a bit of an explanation first.

I thought I might get a BMPCC soon but I am a bit on a budget so the 17mm Nikon lens would have to do first with a F mount to Micro 3/4 adapter.
In the long run, I wanna use the new Sigma 18-35 1.8 everybody is so psyched about at the moment on the BMPCC.

So here the question:
Can I use the Sigma with the Nikon mount on the BMPCC with electronic aperture and focal control? The Tokina is all manual, so I will not be able to derive any information from that.