Weird raster in 5d mk3 raw footage

Gerbert Floor

Made this quick and dirty vid the other day to try RAW out, and I discovered that with grading there was a very fine raster visible when I started to grade it with film convert.

I have it here: 

But due to vimeo encoding its now very muddy and you hardly see it anymore. Maybe a little bit in the first and third shot if you look at the sky on the right side of the image.

Any ideas what it is? 

Also, do you guys have tips for a good and fast RAW workflow. I tried making a rough cut in da vinci and than exporting an xml to either premiere cc or FCP X, but in both cases it doesn't work (with FCP X it said resolution is not support, I shot 1920 by 8something, widescreen).

And finally, whats the best format to give to vimeo, I now always use a high bitrate h264 version, but I feel I lose more sharpness than other vids I see.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Made this quick and dirty vid the other day to try RAW out, and I discovered that with grading there was a very fine raster visible when I started to grade it with film convert.

I have it here: 

But due to vimeo encoding its now very muddy and you hardly see it anymore. Maybe a little bit in the first and third shot if you look at the sky on the right side of the image.

Any ideas what it is? 

Also, do you guys have tips for a good and fast RAW workflow. I tried making a rough cut in da vinci and than exporting an xml to either premiere cc or FCP X, but in both cases it doesn't work (with FCP X it said resolution is not support, I shot 1920 by 8something, widescreen).

And finally, whats the best format to give to vimeo, I now always use a high bitrate h264 version, but I feel I lose more sharpness than other vids I see.

I like this video.  Nice look.  Must have been very windy to have sand flow like that.  Maybe 30mph sustained winds?  I'm surprised you didn't need to cover your faces.  Usually it stings the face and eyes.

I think the way you process the raw files might be the problem, or maybe you shot at a very high ISO and it's the digital noise in the file.  Davinci Resolve is very good with the files, however the LITE version doesn't have noise reduction.  I use Neat Video to remove noise, then you can use Film Convert to process the "film look".  I don't think there is a fast raw workflow unfortunately...

I believe if you look up "Handbrake" there was a post with the optimized settings for H264 for Vimeo.