Iscorama and Contax Zeiss

drewski310

Hi Rudolf,

Sorry to hear you didn't have the same experience with Contax Zeiss lenses.  I do agree with you that the AEG and MMJ versions render colors differently, and you can see the evidence of this in my 3 comparison pictures above (the shot of the bananas and Russian doll on the kitchen counter).  The 28mm f2 lens is an AE, and you can see it has a very slight warmer tone compared to the 50mm f1.4 and 100mm f2 (which are both MM).

My Canon FD 50mm f1.4 was the first lens I've owned, so I'm very familiar with its look and was one of my favorite lens for many years.  But in my experience it's not in the same league as my Contax Zeiss lens in terms of sharpness, especially in the corners.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 5 years later...

Are macro lenses harder to use with an anamorphic set up? Does the front element rotate? Do have to run it separated on rails? How are the coatings? Does it kill the flares? I'm after exteme sharpness wide open but maintain the flares. I know t* coatings are known to kill flares.