BMCC and GM1 footage

Ben Prater

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The GM1 rocks! I've been using it for a couple weeks now, and I believe the colors are nicer than the GH3, especially skin tones. I also think it has less in-camera sharpening, at least that's my impression, though the aliasing is more apparent to me. And no more lousy speed dial to constantly accidentally change. The biggest challenge for me is going to hold the camera steady - it's not that easy to hold with outstretched arms.

This looks like it just might work! Axel The camera handles fine with shorter focal lengths, it's just with longer zooms that the shake becomes apparent. I'll have to see whether they ship to Vietnam.

I also discovered today that the flash will only work with pancake lenses. My 12-35mm f/2.8 casts a shadow, even without the lens shade. No biggie for me, since I mostly shoot video, but it might irk some. If the GM1 had a microphone input and headphone jack, I'd say it could just about replace the GH3. I'm really liking the color I see out of this.

Update: Looks like they don't ship to Asia :(

Here's a sort-of comparison I did between the kit lens and the G Vario 12-35mm f/2.8. Since testing, I've lowered the contrast considerably and gone -2 with sharpness. The GM1 seems to have less sharpening than the GH3, at least from casual observation. I don't find the peaking function all that useful, since it's in low light situations where it comes in handy, but without shiny or contrasty subjects, it's pretty much useless.