DaVinci Resolve 10 Lite.... help :)

Dan Wake

All that I know about this software is that it allow to edit RAW footage. For example can I edit the whole film with this software? I mean "doing everything" like in premiere? Adding transitions, cut, copy, paste pieces on the timeline? Adding audio tracks? I mean what I have on my PC installed now?  Can I tell that i's a free premiere alternative? Does it work with H.264?

I have a couple of candles preserved in my room somewhere for something special, is it the case to light them?  :)

Thanks a lot! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Resolve 10 has basic editing functionality in the edit tab - if you're doing basic in/out type edits I could see maybe using it to cut something for the sake of not having to go out to an NLE and back. But I think for most even somewhat complex jobs you'll probably still want to use Resolve in conjunction with a full NLE.

Blackmagic is clearly beefing up the editing abilities of Resolve, though.

Resolve 10 has basic editing functionality in the edit tab - if you're doing basic in/out type edits I could see maybe using it to cut something for the sake of not having to go out to an NLE and back. But I think for most even somewhat complex jobs you'll probably still want to use Resolve in conjunction with a full NLE.

Blackmagic is clearly beefing up the editing abilities of Resolve, though.

thanks for help. :)

NLE is a common editing software? what the acronym is for? 

I have a problem maybe. I have opened Resolve 10 to try it for the first time but I had no luck. 

I try to click on the tiny triangle to find my video content, but if I click on the triangle nothing happens. It does not show me anything like if C: where empty. Can you help me with this please?

edit.

In addition I have another HDD drive (external drive), but it does not show me on the list as you can see in this picture.

what.png

ok, solved. :)

found here: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2711

then restarted the software and it worked.

-----------------------

I see that I have some glitch, for example video thumbnails show ugly vertical black stripes. also on the timeline. any fix for that?

I also ask for a tip. I opened h.264 clip 1080p (shot wit EOS 550d). Audio and video have some playback problem. It's "slow" if you know what I mean (no fluid playback). 

I believe the cause of this may be that the preview window that show the video is in HD. On premiere I can set the video quality but I cannot find the option here, do you know where is it please?

thanks!

edit.

what.png