Theatrical movies shot on BMCC ?

mtheory

I haven't gotten a chance to see BMCC's imagery in cinemas or at film festivals over a length of a full feature film, - tests, music videos and shorts don't give me the real "feel" for what this camera can do.

Does anyone know of any theatrical feature films that were shot on BMCC?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The cam probably hasn't been out in the wild long enough. On average a film will take 2 years to complete. Assuming most folks are just NOW starting to get their hands on it, it might take a while. Also, factor in a steep learning curve, a lack of filmmakers being enthused about some of the BMCC's shortcomings when it comes to workflow, and it might be some time before we see an actual feature shot on it.

And if we do, it will most likely be from a lower-budget indie. Thus, chances of actually viewing it in a cinema are rather small.

... and it might be some time before we see an actual feature shot on it.

And if we do, it will most likely be from a lower-budget indie. Thus, chances of actually viewing it in a cinema are rather small.

I really hope there will be a new wave of influental independant films that deserve this name. Even worse than being dependant on the politics of major production companies is the situation in my country. It has the "FFA", an acronym for film promotion association, founded in 1968, and it effectively finances german theatrical films with tax money, but approving the standards, which can only be described as uncinematic and boring. It's a federal association that decides if scripts are worth the investment, and you can easily imagine what that means for creativity and originality. 

I particularly hope, that indie filmmakers will stop to think retro. If they want to reinvent cinema, there is no frigging 'cinematic look' to be followed, no grain filters, no exaggerated DoF-gimmicks, no oange-teal-'blockbuster'-grading, that would be embarrassing. There has to be a good and revolutionary story that dictates it's own aestethics, preferably clean and straight.

Don't dream about fancy imagery, you've got a camera with sufficient color depth to look good on a big screen. Now it's time to tell something!

If you are shooting in tungsten light the BMCC is a better choice than an Epic. The noise that REDs all have displayed under tungsten drops the resolution right down.

I've just shot a high budget music video with Epics and a tiny budget one with a BMCC. Guess which needed more denoise-ing in post...

For B and C cams I think you'd find the BMCC a better choice than the others, specially the pocket, as they have tried to match their colour science to Arri's pretty closely.