The Sony Nex Full Frame....?

richg101

I've been watching the rumours sites with an eagle eye recently and am getting rather excited about the proposition of a NEX7 type camera, but in full frame.

I'm also excited that there sounds to be a good likelihood that they will introduce a video optimised dslr form factor full frame e-mount camera, with evf, that is likely to shoot in XAVC, 4k 10bit 4:2:2 - as the f5 and f55 allows.

Their testing the water product (vg900) was horrific, but since they have been right on the ball with the rx1, rx100 and the nex6 recently, im hoping they hit the nail on the head with what is sounding like a beast.

has anyone else been looking at this with excitement?  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Indeed high hopes for this. The RX1 is a great stills camera, but video quality is as bad as the V900. It's very odd that Sony's other sensors, notably the 36MP one which went in the D800 are stronger for video than the 24MP which went into their A99, toted for 5D Mark III defeating video, VG900 - a, well, a video camera by all accounts and the D600. The D600 actually does a better job of processing the image than the Sonys do!

So that doesn't bode well for the NEX 9 but the hopes are there, that they will see sense and not just focus on the stills quality at expense of video.

There are several sensors out there now that can scale their output to 1080p without crude line skipping as Sony have shown on the NEX 6, VG900, A99 and RX1.

Toshiba - D5200.

Canon - 5D Mark III (finally...)

?? - Olympus OM-D E-M1

Panasonic - GH2

Time for Sony to join them, seen as they are way ahead of everyone when it comes to sensor prowess.

Well I follow the rumors too (specifically SAR since I am a Sony fan) and I haven't heard anything about the DSLR type camera you just mentioned. I mean I know they are supposed to be going mirrorless with all their cameras.. And I wouldn't be surprised if some shot in 4k but I have not heard anything about the other specs you mentioned. If they do get XAVC and 10bit 4:2:2 I'd pre-order it the second pre-orders were available.

A or E mount though? I think that's the question on everybodys mind at the moment.