Getting BMCC Footage From SSD?

/p/

Got everything I need to start shooting with my BMCC (finally) used it as a B-Cam in a short interview today to test it out.. Can't figure out how to get the footage off of the SSD though. I am using an OWC SSD and formatted through my Macs Disk Utility to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and started shooting (seemed to be working fine). Connected the SSD via a Dock I bought (same one I used to format the SSD) and tried copying the footage from it to a folder on the desktop of my Mac, it transfers about 5GB of the footage and then stops saying the drive is in use and can't copy any more..... Rang local computer shop the guy told me to get NTFS-3G For Mac, downloaded and installed that now it only copies across 1.5GB before getting an error.

Just curious as to how others are getting their footage? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I shot in Prores and the file is 40GB..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As far as I understand, it should work the way you do it. BM recommends eSATA/Thunderbolt docks for speedier transfers, but USB docks should work as well.

My list of suspects would be:

1) The Dock. Is it reliable hardware? Proper driver?

2) Hardware issue with the ssd.

Is the copy always stopping at the same 5GB size when you use Finder - or does it vary how much it copies?

My first attempt would be to ditch Finder and other silly gui tools and open up a Terminal window, which tends to be foolproof:

cp -r /Volumes/SSDVolumeName/ ~/Desktop/FolderOnDesktop/.

cp is the command for copy, -r is a flag for recursively copying files. (Also note: if there are any file names that start with a "." that you need in that folder, those are considered hidden and will not be copied with that command.)

Just replace SSDVolumeName with the exact (case sensitive) spelling of your SSD Volume name. Same goes for the folder name on the desktop.

I have seen Finder fuck things up too many times to trust that software. The unix-based command line tools in the terminal never fail.

So - if you can get it all copied through that command, you know the hardware is alright. If the terminal command doesn't work the most likely culprit is the dock (or its driver) or the ssd.