GH2 + FD to M4/3 adapter + Canon 50mm = artifacts?

PatrickV

Hi guys,

I've bought a FD to M4/3 adapter on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/230565436946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) and i've also bought a Canon 50mm FD 1.4 lens.

I tested this combination today, but sometimes when i film certain angles i get green artifacts. I'm wondering what the problem is. I have attached some pictures of the construction on my GH2 body (above) and the earlier mentioned artifacts (below).

I hope that somebody can help me out. Cheers!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hi Francisco,

Thanks for your reply. I did not used any filter with this combination. I even got this result when i point my camera at a television at the other side of my living room. Not an overexposed shot at all, but the 'ghost' is there again. Besides that, lots of people captures light rays with this combination and nobody seems to have problems with it. Hope that somebody can help me out.

No problems with my Panasonic lenses. My SLR magic 12mm gives me sometimes lens flare, but i kinda like it. I understand the character thing, but i see shots in other video's with this lens which will give me ghost images with the same combination for certain. How is that possible?

Some people like the character of old lenses. I used to have a full set of FD lenses including the 14mm F/2.8L & 50mm F/1.2L for my AF101 & GH2 & TBH I wasn't happy with any of them. They were simply not as sharp as any of the MFT lenses even aside from odd colour casts & flares. I was much happier using nice modern sharp MFT lenses with AF & IS even though the old FD lenses are so beautifully made & so solid & hard wearing that they still look like new after 30 years.