Silly to invest in Nikon lenses?

/p/

Bought a BMCC, bought a MFT > Nikon G Speed Booster. Why? Because there is no EF version out yet.. And there's no way of knowing exactly how the adapter will be made to accomodate EF glass when it does come out anyway (will there be a built in aperture ring? More than likely it will be an electronically controlled aperture for MFT cameras like the GH3/OM-D etc making it useless for the BMCC).

I have bought a couple Nikkors already since I want to use the thing and they weren't too expensive, I do however really love Nikon glass but am not sure I want to invest much money in Nikon lenses when Canon glass is accommodated for far more (RED EF Mount, Kineraw EF Mount, BMCC EF Mount etc).

So it's kind of silly to invest more into Nikkor lenses right? Might as well get what I need to get by until there is a better solution for EF glass on the BMCC? I know there is the Live Lens for RRM but 2.4x crop is very harsh SB is pretty great. The only camera I know of supporting the Nikon F Mount is that horrendous JVC thing..... RED does have a Nikon mount it seems but I couldn't find much info on it by the looks of it I think it's a dumb Nikon mount for adapting Ai-s/AF-D lenses but not supporting the newer G lenses, same thing with the Kineraw Nikon F mount.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh and if anyone is curious I did contact Metabones about the MFT > EF SB and they wrote..

"Hi, J,

Sorry! Pls wait……We developing a EF to M4/3 speed booster with electronic control…..

Thank you!

Alex
GBI Ltd"

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs