First ProRes files from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera released

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ist really hard to tell if this camera can hold up to the expectations...I mean the Images look nice and all, but not at all as nice as the ones from the original BMCC...or am I just remembering wrong?

I mean it would make perfect sense, the BMCC wouldnt have all that much going for it if the Qualities from the two cameras would be the same, but still....wasnt that the Thing BM announced? The BMCC Quality in a tiny package?

I really like how the BMPCC video looks, although I dont like john brawleys videos, specially the first one from the market. He makes the videos from the BMPCC looks less special, specially for those who dont have a good eye for judging videos

Anyway, here is my test grading from 2 of his videos. They were made using a custom HDR plugin im working on. Note that you can recover a lot of info in the shadows and in the highlights.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr6W_hBM3wo[/media]