metabones speedbooster and MFT

milandirector

With this recent price drop in BMCC, buying a 2.5K camera seems relevant again. Especially since it has one extra stop of dynamic range over the 4K version, and with the metabones speedbooster it actually has similar form factor regarding the DOF. And It could be a great B cam once you decide to get a 4K version (or if finances are low, get a pocket version as a B cam for 2.5K)

Now my question is, would I need to buy a metoabones speedbooster for each of my lens types as I have contax yashica, Leica, Nikon, EF, etc... (which would be extremely expensive), or could I only get the EF to MFT version (once it comes out) and use the C/Y, Leica, etc... to EF adapter?

Thanks a lot for your responses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

For Nikon G glass you need the Nikon Speed Booster. For Leica-R and CY you can use those via an adapter on the Metabones EF Speed Booster so that is worth waiting for if you plan to use a variety of glass, including M42 and Olympus OM too.

Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 might be beautiful on the Speed Booster. I will try it out soon on the Nikon version + GH3.

Thanks a lot Andrew for your response. It will probably save me a lot of money. The only Nikon glass I have is 50mm 1.8 and I m not sure if it is a G mount, so I'll wait for the EF to MFT Speed Booster and buy new fast 50mm glass.

Do you have a suggestion for a FF cinematic fast 50mm glass that does not cost an arm and a leg?

For my lenses, I m using mostly Rokinin 35mm, C/Y 85mm, Sigma 24mm and my favorie LOMO 35mm and 24mm (later one has big problems with focusing)

• Administrators

The Nikon Speed Booster will take the 50mm F1.8. It takes all Nikon glass not just G. They all have a standard Nikon F mount, the old AI/S glass as well. The difference is with the G lenses that the aperture needs to be controlled by a ring on the adapter or via the camera body. The Nikon Speed Booster has the ring on the adapter. It has no electronic contacts.