BMCC Price Reduction! US$1,995!!

/p/

Holy crap.. I think I might stretch my budget for a BMCC and get the BMPCC down the track a bit. ALSO a firmware update coming for BMCC too - Details at end of post.

"Blackmagic Cinema Camera Price Reduction

We have worked very hard over the last year to be able to build the Blackmagic Cinema Camera at a lower cost so we can reduce the price and allow access to digital filming to a wide range of cinematographers and photographers.

We have done it and from today the Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF and MFT models will be reduced in price to US$1,995. This is very exciting and is one of the proudest moments of my life to be able to do this!

I think people will be able to use the savings to invest in some exciting lenses and rigs to really boost the creative possibilities. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera is a fantastic design that's now well proven. The advantage of the 2.5K sensor is it has enough resolution to eliminate the bayer resolution loss of a HD sensor, but when shooting RAW it produces files that are too not to big to store and work with easily. It's a fantastic solution.

All orders placed that have not yet been filled, can be reduced to the new lower price."

-----------

"There are some new features in the software for the Pocket Cinema Camera. You can now focus by pushing the focus button when using an active MFT lens. This makes it very easy to accurately focus. The focus peaking feature is still there and you enable it by double pressing the focus button. The focus zoom feature is enabled by double pressing the OK button.

There will be an update for the 2.5K Blackmagic Cinema Camera soon that will also add these features, plus new de-bayer processing that will improve the cameras sharpness when shooting non RAW files."

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

By "get" do you mean have in your hands immediately, or wait a year after paying  :lol: I think it'll mean a load more people place preorders, but there are still no cameras :(

lol.. I will have to talk to my local BMD reseller. Last time I spoke to them it seemed like they had a few units in stock and that everyone was waiting for BMPCC and BMCC 4k. Maybe because it's AUs? demand would be smaller over here.

This is a good move. When the 2 new cameras were announced I said here that the original BMCC wouldn't make sense anymore unless they brought the price down, looks like they agree on that.

It the pocket cameras are indeed shipping, all the fuss was a bit exaggerated!
Even regarding the 4k camera, 3-4 weeks doesn't look like such a serious delay.