Sensor Physics Question

Flyrod

OK, we all know that we are being bombarded daily by Neutrinos or highly charged neutrons coming from deep space. Scientist in Antarctica are studying them now because it's a great place to find a high concentration of them and they have 9,000 feet of ice in which to lay their sensor array so as to track their projection and speed. They are trying to see if they seem to be coming from certain places or are random. I not certain, but I think the Neutrino particle is supposed to have the highest natural energy of any (not man made) in our environment. In fact, they frequently will pass right through the whole planet.

I am told any one of us can see their "Neutrino was here" signature by pinging your still camera sensor (ISO 1600, lens cover on, cover view finder, expose 30 seconds). Of course that's what we call hot pixels. Dedicated video cameras suffer the same but the much faster exposures make it insignificant.

Night time lapse is were it becomes a problem. After noticing odd looking colored stars, I pinged my sensor to find an estimated 100 hot pixels in my 7D. I doubt you will find this many as polar trips are a semi annual event for me.

Here is the part I do not understand. All of my 100 or so Neutrino induced, hot pixels are either red, white, or blue. No green? Yet, we have more green photo sites in a typical sensor than any other color. I was hoping someone with much more sensor science knowledge than me (which is not asking much), could explain the missing green hot pixels.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs