Vitaliy Kiselev decoding Nikon D7100 firmware, discovers "LiveView Raw"

Andrew Reid

Great news! :)

Although I have a line-skipping D800, raw / prores would certainly come in handy. And getting a D5200/D7100/D3200 wouldn't be out of the question since I already have a nice lens setup.

How can I/we support Vitaliy with this project?

Edit: I just found out that he takes donation on the site, http://www.personal-view.com/ - will for sure donate so he can work on this project :)

Please don't donate to Vitaliy, as he is just copying the work done by the Nikon Hacker team (nikonhacker.com/index.php) of which I'm one of the devs.

It's moving. http://simeonpilgrim.com/blog/2013/06/30/live-view-silent-raw-on-d7000/

It's hidden nikon code he says, 1,5fps atm on the d7000. The files are around 24megabyte per frame so that should be a complete raw file, not an liveview stream, who knows anyway.

It's not moved, that's where all the work has ever been done.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

If you guys are having personal issues I suggest first to sort those out behind closed doors. Then I recommend getting the right info out there (maybe a FAQ, and credits would be good place to start?) so I can draw attention to on your work accurately. It is impossible to cover the hack otherwise.

Yes please this will most likely hinder the progress then help it. I feel for you but really want raw on the D7000 series, d800 and D4. Really Raw with that XQD or with the DR or the D800 would be ridiculous. Id like to say if anyone needs testers or any help I can give I would do whatever. If this is supporting Nikon hacker or vitality, it seems the only way is to get a bunch of people on board so how do make this happen.

Please don't donate to Vitaliy, as he is just copying the work done by the Nikon Hacker team (nikonhacker.com/index.php) of which I'm one of the devs.

It's not moved, that's where all the work has ever been done.

Ah - yes, I have stumbled upon the nikonhacker forum a few times before. Interesting to see your D7000 progress. I guess I could donate to you guys :)

Are you doing any work on D800, or are you keeping to the low & mid-range APS-C cameras mainly?

Ah - yes, I have stumbled upon the nikonhacker forum a few times before. Interesting to see your D7000 progress. I guess I could donate to you guys :)

Are you doing any work on D800, or are you keeping to the low & mid-range APS-C cameras mainly?

I'm not asking for people to donate to us, it just drives me crazy seeing people to donate to him.

At this point the efforts are focused on the gear we own. A D800 is out of my personal price range.

If you guys are having personal issues I suggest first to sort those out behind closed doors. Then I recommend getting the right info out there (maybe a FAQ, and credits would be good place to start?) so I can draw attention to on your work accurately. It is impossible to cover the hack otherwise.

I fully agree that arguing in public looks terrible. An FAQ makes sense.

I signed up on your forum, I didnt know so much was hidden till I signed up and then there it all is. Great work, I know if you crack raw on the D7000 / 7100 it should follow to the others. The D800 and D4 are great because of the large buffers, write speeds and DR. Whatever I can do to help I will, I owned a D4 for a bit and have a d800...Im also NPS so I can get access to a lot of their gear but I dont know about loading on custom firmware on NPS loaners lol

I just hate not being able to help out...