The EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide - available now!

Andrew Reid

Excellent job on your new EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide, Andrew. It's chalked full of great content (an information 'one-stop' if I've ever seen one). Wish I had had it weeks ago, but I do understand that that would have been impossible :) . Want to wish you great success with it and hope to encourage fellow readers of eoshd.com to purchase. Like with your Website, you give such thorough, yet concise and clear explanations of quite a challenging technical area, but always with aesthetics and practical application in mind. You are so very generous to your readers on your blog, and equally so in your new Guide. Always a pleasure getting your 'take' on things.

Sincerely,

Jim

Austin, TX

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Ys Andrew i remember what John said on magic lantern forum.. croos finger.

So i'll put on a virtual machine for Neumann's plugin.

But i ve read the GOPRO cineform studio doesn't work on mountain lion.

we still have some time consuming workarounds.. :)

You don't need CineForm studio on your Mac if you're converting to CineForm in Windows with a virtual machine (VMWare preferable). Just install the codec (free decoders).

• Administrators

I don't think 20 is a lot, just saying in a month time it may be out of date but pretty sure everything will be kept up to date in the forums. Will buy.

It won't be out of date. They are mostly bug fixing not dramatically changing or adding - and same goes for the workflows. The guide has to assist people and their needs TODAY, it's pointless to wait 6 months before the dust completely settles (if indeed it ever will).

• Administrators

Excellent job on your new EOSHD 5D Mark III Raw Shooter's Guide, Andrew. It's chalked full of great content (an information 'one-stop' if I've ever seen one). Wish I had had it weeks ago, but I do understand that that would have been impossible :) . Want to wish you great success with it and hope to encourage fellow readers of eoshd.com to purchase. Like with your Website, you give such thorough, yet concise and clear explanations of quite a challenging technical area, but always with aesthetics and practical application in mind. You are so very generous to your readers on your blog, and equally so in your new Guide. Always a pleasure getting your 'take' on things.

Sincerely,

Jim

Austin, TX

Thanks Jim.

That is the idea really - a one stop. It is getting harder and harder to read the spider web of forum and search engine info. The stuff in the book is my own hands-on research. I sat for like 2000 hours solid in front of software and cameras to make the guide and the $19.99 goes towards the 99% of what EOSHD outputs on the blog - which is FREE.

Cheers

Thanks for your hard work in putting the book together.  You should consider making an iBook which you can sell through Apple iTunes.  It is fairly easy to do and I think you will reach a wider audience.

Andrew

In your opinion is the mark 3 RAW a better proposition than the BMC And if so why? Just that Im still weighing up the pro's and cons. Like is the mark 3 raw easy to process and take full advantage of if you dont have Resolve.

Andrew,

i wish i could download from somewhere a sample of RAW 5d mk III cineform converted footage to try it on my Final Cut pro X.

Unfortunately right now i cannot have a virtual machine with windows on my mac..

But i would love to play with a cineform raw file to see how it can be handled by my machine on fcpx.

Do you know where i can get some samples?

thanks a lot!

question andrew. i've been shooting on GH2 since my purchase of the guide for personal and low budget projects and using an Epic rentals on commissioned ads.

i work RAW occasionally but i do not mind shooting mpegs if they're shot properly.

i'd love the extra dynamic range but reliability is a good key for me on jobs.

i'd love to own both systems but if i had to chose either my gh2 or sell it with all its lens to go MKIII, which do you pick?

this greatly determines my purchase of the guide.

Thank You