Large Production Nature Docs - Gear questions

Zach

I started watching "North America" on the discovery channel tonight, and the production value was just insanely good. I was able to dig up some cool behind the scenes and making of information on their website, but am still unsure what kind of cameras they use on shows like this and Planet Earth. 

Anyone know off hand? 

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/north-america

Also worth mentioning is that their use of the cineflex system for arial and ATV shots was astounding. Props to this team. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had a film at the International Wildlife Film Festival last year, and I talked to many nature doc DPs about their techniques and some of the cameras that they were using. I was surprised by their answers. The Panasonic Varicam came up a few times, as did Red Epic, the Weisscam and even the AF100.

As a sidenote, I am actually contemplating doing another nature film, perhaps with the BMPCC coupled with the Panny 100-300mm. With the crop factor, that seems like that could be an insane combination for nature doc work.