Relentless: The Budget Movi

jgharding

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

How has this product not been mentioned pretty much anywhere with all this craze about the MoVi? (hang on - Vincent Laforet didn't promote it ;)  )

There is clearly going to be 'budget' type devices living under the sparkle of the MoVi, and I'm very interested in them. No more info around on this Relentless model whatsoever. 

Which craze about the MoVi? There was anticipation when we didn't know what it was. Laforet announced it. Most people said 'Meh'. I haven't heard anyone about it since.

Funny though. Short after this 'next big thing' from Laforet, there have been a few REALLY big next things! Pocket Cinema Camera, BMPCC 4K, Canon dslr's shooting RAW...

Which craze about the MoVi? There was anticipation when we didn't know what it was. Laforet announced it. Most people said 'Meh'. I haven't heard anyone about it since.

Funny though. Short after this 'next big thing' from Laforet, there have been a few REALLY big next things! Pocket Cinema Camera, BMPCC 4K, Canon dslr's shooting RAW...

Its a price point situation. Big time film makers are interested in it, and the budget guys are hyped over 5D Raw and BMPC.

The MoVi is way too expensive but I found the technology exciting. Rather than be hyped about RAW cameras and the latest Blackmagic camera, I'm more interested using my current camera and using new production gear to pull off more complex, interesting, cinematic shots with small crews, tight budgets and timeframes.  

So anything below the MoVi is of great interest to me. Much more so then all this camera talk! I do ideas, not specs ;)

The MoVi is way too expensive but I found the technology exciting. Rather than be hyped about RAW cameras and the latest Blackmagic camera, I'm more interested using my current camera and using new production gear to pull off more complex, interesting, cinematic shots with small crews, tight budgets and timeframes.  

So anything below the MoVi is of great interest to me. Much more so then all this camera talk! I do ideas, not specs ;)

Yeah from a small guys perpective.. Movi gets high praise that perhaps some one else makes the same tech at a reasonable price. Chinese or who ever..