E-M10 mkIII

no_connection

I was looking for some footage to see how good/bad RS was on this camera and found this

https://***URL removed***/videos/3141149812/olympus-om-d-e-m10-iii-4k-sample-video

I notice it's choppy and not fluid so after some analyzing I see every 5th frame is dropped

m10gap.PNG.f163aa99ff6c67e351fe11c309b07ba2.PNG

overlaying several frames you can see gaps where the edge should have been filled in, now you see 4 edges and one gap where the 5th should have been. (it's from the container on the train part, if you want to screenshot and drop it into photoshop to verify)

I would be hesitant to point a finger before I have checked the prores file in about 2h (but considering logo and transitions seems fine) I would guess that ether the camera is seriously messed up, or dpreview messed it up, but if it's frame rate conversion done by the reviewer then that is at best very neglectful and at worst a deliberate act to downplay the camera.

Converting 30fps to 24fps would drop every 5th frame btw.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs