Wonderfully cinematic stills

Tim Sewell

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Dramatic, expressionistic lighting, absolute depth of field, almost black & white. Our physiologic night vision (scotopic vision) shares some of these characteristics, but not all. Although our irises are wide open, we won't see things out of focus, because the rod cells are not concentrated in the fovea but instead spread over the whole retina (like here). But we would see light sources in full color, it's like "Lum Vs Sat" in Resolve. Nice, I prefer this over he modern "Night for Day" - approach that modern sensors and their lowlight-capabilities provide. Thanks for sharing.

• Super Members

Crewdson's 'Cathedral Of The Pines' exhibition is currently on at The Photographer's Gallery in London and is worth a visit if you're in the area.

I think @mercer would enjoy this one in particular as I'm sure its a look he'd be into making if he just had the scores of crew and lights that Crewdson uses !

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Crewdson's 'Cathedral Of The Pines' exhibition is currently on at The Photographer's Gallery in London and is worth a visit if you're in the area.

I think @mercer would enjoy this one in particular as I'm sure its a look he'd be into making if he just had the scores of crew and lights that Crewdson uses !

Yeah... this is great! Thanks for this.

I'd love to pretend to be more cultured and discuss how I've always loved the surrealism of Crewdson's work set in a realistic world... but I'm not. Never heard of him until now and now he has an exhibition on my Instagram page.

But yes, the imagery is fantastic and right up my alley. His take on the familiar and the mundane creeps me out. I have to do some research now. I need to know the camera he uses?

• Super Members
Just now, mercer said:

Yeah... this is great! I'd love to pretend to be more cultured and discuss how I've always loved the surrealism of Crewdson's work set in a realistic world... but I'm not. Never heard of him until now and now he has an exhibition on my Instagram page.

But yes, the imagery is fantastic and right up my alley. His take on the familiar and the mundane creeps me out. I have to do some research now. I need to know the camera he uses?

The extent of my cultured critique of his work at that show was that I wouldn't trust him if I saw him at shop buying a shovel, plastic bags and some lime thats for sure !

I think I remember reading somewhere that he now uses a Phase One system.

11 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The extent of my cultured critique of his work at that show was that I wouldn't trust him if I saw him at shop buying a shovel, plastic bags and some lime thats for sure !

I think I remember reading somewhere that he now uses a Phase One system.

Obviously, I am no expert on his work since I first heard of him an hour ago and only looked at a couple dozen of his photos, but there is an interesting beauty to that series. It's definitely visceral but from the few photos I did see, there is a faded memory angle to it but also perhaps a distaste for rural America. Of course, I just like dem pitures.