Royalty free music, John Carpenter + Keiichi Suzuki style

PannySVHS

Hey guys,

I am looking for royalty free music in the style of the John Carpenter and Keiichi Kuzuki, specifically in the style of  Carpenters Precinct 13 and Kuzukis OST piece Gambling House

from Zatoichi. It´s for a shortfilm in the state of postprodcution. Thanks!

The piece by Keiichi Kuzuki would be perfect. Maybe someone can hook me up with him :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Are you are up for a bit of experimentation to make something unique ?

Of course you are!

Open two browser windows, both with YouTube on

In the first one, put something like this, which is a royalty free suspense type piece 

And then in the other one, put something like this.

If you move the play position of the second one round then you can create some sinister and interesting stuff.

When you're happy with two pieces that you find then you can then just do that properly in your NLE by sliding the tracks around to create your own composite.

More fun, more creative, more exclusive and generally cheaper as 'Royalty Free' stuff generally does still have an initial licensing charge.

Scary as heck! Thanks a lot for suggesting! Your second 1 hour piece is especially dark and moody.

It is not royalty free I would assume- due to its nature of being a sampler. It doesnt state anything about it in its disclaimer about royalty free or common use license.

Very scary, scarier than our flick is gonna be. Any idea where to find something closer of the style of Suzukis piece though?

Maybe recomposing by a musician would be a fine approach. Thanks a lot for your effort and fine suggestion.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Any idea where to find something closer of the style of Suzukis piece though?

Have a browse through these, some of which ('Kingdom Of The Japanese' and 'Oriental Landscapes' for example ) might be in the ballpark for you.

https://www.proudmusiclibrary.com/en/tag/taiko

22 hours ago, TwoScoops said:

The music for the Amiga game (late 80s) Xenon II Megablast was almost the same as the AOP13 theme. I think they just changed it a bit here and there. 

Haha, classic game, played in the late 90ies though. My favorite game is the all time classic. Awesomest platformer I ever played.

Okay, back to the OST. Thanks guys. No easy task it was but your answers helped me to decide for a rearrangement of the Suzuki track. A musician I know

is hopefully going to do it as a favor for a favor:)

23 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

By the way, I meant play them simultaneously.

Its not entirely clear in the first post I did!

The interaction between the two pieces when you let the first one play and skip around to random places in the second one makes it particularly unsettling!

very unsettling it is!:)