What's your opinion on these GH5 items?

Oliver Daniel

I am with @IronFilm at the sound matter, Sony's are dead cheap, and I can assume much better than any Saramonic or whatever small brand (based in the fact that they are much better than the classic Sennheiser G3 option, which have sold to the millions). Sony's are battle tested, have very low battery consumption, tough as nails, and even their Omni directional mics are good for most things (a little less clarity than the cheap Sennheiser, but less clothes noise. Just put a Rycote Ristretto on them and they are good to go every where).

Also, I am working on a run and gun TV show right now (for a major network over here/doing sound) and the camera operators are using GH5/Olympus 12-100/Olympus 8 and Varavon cages. Great combo. Choose this combo for size/weight/IBIS/codec (Avid doesn't really like GH5's 10 bit right now though). I am seriously considering to replace my Samsungs with Panasonics right now, but I am not sold on the m43 sensor just yet. I think I will be waiting for next year and spend some dough on sound.

Also, my impression is that GH5 needs more batteries than GH4 (3-5 batteries each camera for a  full working day of 12-14 hours, full working days here are not like the rest of the world!), 1-2 less batteries for my NX1 in similar projects. Prepare to buy A LOT of SD cards!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs