Any info on paid HFR firmware for Sony FS5?

EthanAlexander

If you haven't heard, Sony released firmware V4 for the FS5 today:

1.     Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) by shooting in Hybrid Log-Gamma** (HLG) standard
2.     Support for continuous 120fps High Frame Rate (HFR) recording in 1080p with CBKZ-FS5HFR (sold separately)
3.     Option to change the minimum ISO sensitivity number to ISO 2000 from ISO 3200 when recording S-Log2/S-Log3

I've searched for the CBKZ-FS5HFR upgrade, but all I could find was that it's $500 for 50mbps 120p?? That's insanity. I'm hoping this is wrong and someone has better info than what I found.

If interested, here's a link to

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

If you haven't heard, Sony released firmware V4 for the FS5 today:

1.     Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) by shooting in Hybrid Log-Gamma** (HLG) standard
2.     Support for continuous 120fps High Frame Rate (HFR) recording in 1080p with CBKZ-FS5HFR (sold separately)
3.     Option to change the minimum ISO sensitivity number to ISO 2000 from ISO 3200 when recording S-Log2/S-Log3

I've searched for the CBKZ-FS5HFR upgrade, but all I could find was that it's $500 for 50mbps 120p?? That's insanity. I'm hoping this is wrong and someone has better info than what I found.

If interested, here's a link to

Yep, you have to pay an expensive fee for it, even though the little A6500 has it. 

Unless you needed to shoot long sequences at 120 frames at a low bitrate (like a dance routine) - at that price- this update is a waste of money. 

It probably is a better idea to buy a used a6300 for similar money, and have a B(C, D, E) cam, as well a small body for taking -better than an iPhone - pictures with.

this upgrading policy of Sony is a bit annoying, why charge a software update so much money? 99$ would be just fine; free, even better.