Art Walk (Short Documentary) Panasonic G7

Matt Kieley

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey Matt, pace and interviews and overall experience are nice. Gives me a nice artsfair vibe. Sometimes the harshness of the 12- 35 came through and

some of the shakiness. I think a more moderate wide angle would be more tasty than a 12mm.

I think the perfect setup would be a G85 with a China speedbooster and a Tokina 25-50mm F4. That also gives a nice mechanical control ring to the manual zoom.

Did you turn sharpness all down to -5 on CineD?

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

Hey Matt, pace and interviews and overall experience are nice. Gives me a nice artsfair vibe. Sometimes the harshness of the 12- 35 came through and

some of the shakiness. I think a more moderate wide angle would be more tasty than a 12mm.

I think the perfect setup would be a G85 with a China speedbooster and a Tokina 25-50mm F4. That also gives a nice mechanical control ring to the manual zoom.

How do you like that 25-50mm? Like you, I have both that lens and the 24-40mm but I like the 24-40mm better. 

Love that lens more than the 24-40. It is lighter, ergonomics are close to perfect with a small cam like my GX85. Optically I think they are of same quality when

it comes to resolution. The 24-40 has a beautiful heft, which is also beautiful to hold on to. For the 25-50 I paid only 15bucks, with postage plus an extra

defect Sigma Zoommaster 35-70 2.8-3.5. Great bargain. Love the math behind it: 25x2 makes 50, great focal lenghts to have in one lens.

Dunno, just like that lens a lot. It is a flare giant though. Would love to test the Rokkor 24-50 F4. That is not a bargain lens though.

Would love to have a 25-75, there is none.

What mount is your 25 50? Mountable on your 5D Mark III? Supercool range on that one for Fullframe RAW video?

Please get that combo on, some day, Glenn!! Back to the thread now:)

2 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Love that lens more than the 24-40. It is lighter, ergonomics are close to perfect with a small cam like my GX85. Optically I think they are of same quality when

it comes to resolution. The 24-40 has a beautiful heft, which is also beautiful to hold on to. For the 25-50 I paid only 15bucks, with postage plus an extra

defect Sigma Zoommaster 35-70 2.8-3.5. Great bargain. Love the math behind it: 25x2 makes 50, great focal lenghts to have in one lens.

Dunno, just like that lens a lot. It is a flare giant though. Would love to test the Rokkor 24-50 F4. That is not a bargain lens though.

Would love to have a 25-75, there is none.

What mount is your 25 50? Mountable on your 5D Mark III? Supercool range on that one for Fullframe RAW video?

Please get that combo on, some day, Glenn!! Back to the thread now:)

Yeah I have it for either Pentax PK of Olympus OM... I forget. But either way, it can be adapted. I have a beat up copy of the Rokkor 24-50mm f/4. Decent lens. I prefer the 24-35mm.  

15 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Thanks. The settings I've been using with CInelikeD are Contrast 0, -5 Sharpness, -5 NR, -2 Saturation. Graded with Lumetri (with Fuji 250D preset) in Premiere Pro CC. I love the 12-35, but it might be a little too expensive to keep, so the lens you suggested seems intriguing. I'm also looking at the Tamron 17-50mm, and the Canon TV-16 25-100mm c-mount zoom, although it's apparently really large and heavy and needs extra support.

12 hours ago, Matt Kieley said:

Thanks. The settings I've been using with CInelikeD are Contrast 0, -5 Sharpness, -5 NR, -2 Saturation. Graded with Lumetri (with Fuji 250D preset) in Premiere Pro CC. I love the 12-35, but it might be a little too expensive to keep, so the lens you suggested seems intriguing. I'm also looking at the Tamron 17-50mm, and the Canon TV-16 25-100mm c-mount zoom, although it's apparently really large and heavy and needs extra support.

Now that Canon sounds interesting for quick scenic projects. Does it cover full m43 sensor? cheers

2 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Now that Canon sounds interesting for quick scenic projects. Does it cover full m43 sensor? cheers

With c mount lenses 25mm is usually pushing it in terms of vignetting in full m43, but with the extra crop in 4k on the G7, GH4 etc it covers. I actually have an 18-108 Fuji c mount zoom that barely vignettes at 18mm. Here's a video example: