Mixing camera footage?

/p/

I'v decided to buy a second camera to my GH3 for shooting interviews.. I'm not sure whether I should buy another GH3 or a Black Magic Pocket Camera (I had only a few days ago decided not to buy a pocket cam, but after shooting an interview today I'v decided a 2nd camera would be good to have making BMPCC an option again)..

It will probably be hard to say how a GH3 and BMPCC footage would match however, I wonder what experiences others have had mixing camera footage? If I buy another GH3 I will get identical footage but if I buy the BMPCC I will have a camera that would work with a BMCC when I upgrade to one of those down the track.

How different could the footage really be? Would it be that difficult to get a close enough looking image to pass without it being noticeably different?

The BMPCC will also use all my Panasonic lenses so no worries there, it's also slightly cheaper.

Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I suppose it depends on the target audience of said interview. There will probably be a difference you can notice, but will they?

Cutting Sony and Canon can be pretty obvious for example. But then if you're cutting loads people take it for granted. 

I worked on a Renault ad that had Red Epic C300 and GoPro. It all stood out which was which, but they seemed happy!

You could get the BMD just for the change. You may end up getting two, you never know...

Yes here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5SgA9d9gQ

We didn't do the grading oursleves, that was handled elsewhere.

The GoPro 3 blows out easily, the C300 next then the Epic, as you'd expect, so it looks like the graders have blown the others to make the GoPro not stand out so much, so the result isn't too jarring.