Need advice on repairing a lens. Is this adhesive safe to use?

Zak Forsman

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Did some digging on the optical cement front. Here's a list of all the adhesives offered by Summer's Optical, along with a brief description to go with each. Any further questions I'm sure could be answered by their customer service department. I'm guessing our best options would be F-65, UV-69, or HS-2.

http://www.optical-cement.com/cements/products.html#anchor720308

18 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

Anyone know if a product like this is safe to use inside a lens to make a repair? Want to avoid a potential issue of off-gassing clouding the glass.

It's called "Bondic" and is a liquid plastic that you use a UV light to harden and set the bond. Thanks!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QU5M4MG/

Polyester style glues/ resins take a long time to off gass...I would also stay away from any Polyurethanes...5 or 10 min Epoxy resins or any cure time epoxy will be best...they will also bond best with both metals and glass or plastics....if you glue to plastic,a small trial test where it does not matter may be in order...for example Styrene in Polyester resin eats some plastics...lastly once the Epoxy reaches it's designated cure time, it turns completely inert...no off gassing once cured...I would choose between 5 or 10 min Epoxy depending on how much time you need to do the work....the mixture is somewhat forgiving too...more or less 50:50...but it will cure if you're off...it just varies the cure time.

You could use this epoxy : LOCTITE M-31CL from Henkel. It is good for glass applications, is clear and not very viscous (great for not having bubbles). I used it once to bond ceramic to glass for a very specific application and it is great. Just be careful to let it sit for at least 2h (as Glass/Glass adhesion is critical) and use the proper mixing nozzle. I don't know how it affects optical performance for sure though but is is very, very clear. You can try and contact them, they usually have good advices to give.