18-135mm Nano USM and PZ-E1 question

HockeyFan12

6 hours ago, HockeyFan12 said:

I've only tried the lens indoors with poor light so maybe it gets better outside. But it seems to flicker exactly like in the videos above (less than some lenses, more than you want) unless you zoom in wide open, in which case the aperture racks just over a stop between 18mm and 135mm.

It doesn't seem like that much, though. This is pretty acceptable.

At a consistent f5.6, it flickers noticeably but subtly. Both On my SL1 and C100.

Even in auto ISO. I think? Auto ISO pulses for some reason or another. And the C100 doesn't have it.

Isn't there a setting on the c100 where you tell it not to compensate for iris stepping when zooming - sorry not got the camera with me and can't remember the actual terminology

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, ade towell said:

Isn't there a setting on the c100 where you tell it not to compensate for iris stepping when zooming - sorry not got the camera with me and can't remember the actual terminology

Good question. I'll poke around.

Fwiw if this was on like the 24-105mm or something it would be pretty cool. The flicker is the biggest issue. The cheap ergonomics are to be expected and it's not unusable. But it's cheap, not like a real camcorder or power zoom.