DJI SPARK

BTM_Pix

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Yeah I bought the Boomerang app for my smartphone, what you do is you throw your phone like a boomerang and it's supposed to 'untwist' the video. However I can't get my phone to 'boomerang back'. Think the app has a bug!

:grin: ! 

As legally Austria's a bit of a bitch for aerial platform flying I am expecting one of these to arrive in the near future though: https://www.aervideo.com . 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, jonpais said:

A comparison between the Spark, Mavic and Phantom. 

Not a very rigorous comparison, nor is the footage very good. But interesting nonetheless.

There's a weird footnote to this video, which claims that the Mavic has better video than the Pro in many respects due to superior tonality in Log:

Any thoughts on that? So far I haven't seen any good drone footage except from the X5R. It all looks very thin, worse than a GH4. I don't think raw video makes any difference if the internal processing is decent, but I've yet to see any really good Phantom footage (or Mavic footage). 

Anyone with any experience on this? Obviously the Phantom 4 Pro has a vastly better sensor and likely vastly better stills, but for video does the processing and codec cripple it to about the Mavic's equal?

On 5/25/2017 at 4:18 AM, jonpais said:

Can your $800 smartphone do this? 

Not really, but technically this drone can't make a phone call, nor can you play music, games, surf the net, etc.

But, if its about taking selfies.... and you want cheap.... and you want to use your smartphone (?)

May be this would be better? http://store.xcraft.io/xplusone-store-xcraft-vtol-drone-sandpoint-id/phonedrone

By the way, thats $100 cheaper.