GH5 autofocus improvement on new firmware update for soon

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
29 minutes ago, Ken Ross said:

Emanuel, I just don't like the custom AF settings. I've tried many and wasn't particularly happy or impressed with them. 1-area seemed to be the most reliable.

I know. But from minute 7:20 on, MY tested tap-to-focus but only based on the fastest settings for GH5 (just bias by a Sony supporter IMHO and as it is possible to follow up):

Brand wars aside (not my beach at all) I wonder about the slowest settings on GH5 for touchscreen focus instead.

No one was able to show me yet if there is (or not) any focus hunting on the slowest settings with tap-to-focus.

11 hours ago, Ken Ross said:

Oh no no! There's a setting that allows you to simply press the button in and you can then release it and still hold focus.

Edit: The operation you MUST engage is "AF/AE Lock Hold". Once you set this to 'on', you press the button to lock focus, release it, and it holds your focus. To me this is absolutely, 100% essential, to make this a terrific way to avoid so many of the AF issues.

That loses the "Focus On" setting that is so useful in MF mode. 

5 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Brand wars aside (not my beach at all) I wonder about the slowest settings on GH5 for touchscreen focus instead.

No one was able to show me yet if there is (or not) any focus hunting on the slowest settings with tap-to-focus.

Speed and Sensitivity. What settings do you want?

6 hours ago, Ken Ross said:

Emanuel, I just don't like the custom AF settings. I've tried many and wasn't particularly happy or impressed with them. 1-area seemed to be the most reliable.

Video AF needs those magic two ingredients. 1) Smooth quick focus to whatever is inside the target focus area and 2) stay focussed if that focus area doesn't change, ie. lock on

4 hours ago, Orangenz said:

Speed and Sensitivity. What settings do you want?

The slower to slowest settings in the minus range.

4 hours ago, Orangenz said:

Video AF needs those magic two ingredients. 1) Smooth quick focus to whatever is inside the target focus area and 2) stay focussed if that focus area doesn't change, ie. lock on

Possible to fairly get on GH5?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...