Black Magic design. My thoughts

markm

BMC QUIET

Wow. No wonder they were quiet on the forums about the BMC - They were so busy developing these.

PROBLEMS RESOLVED?

Undoubtably now they will ship on time as the will have been very careful with new sensor manufacturers. Maybe buying them in before this announcement.

THE RANGE

They have now, a de facto range from the pocket camera for super 16mm that shoots 1920x1080 with no davinci software up to the BMC that has a better 2.5k delivery and a slightly bigger sensor WITH davinci. And finally the 4k global shutter camera.

Every camera sits in pole position in this properly priced lineup.

THE PROMISE

This was what Red promised at its foundation and never delivered. This is what I have repeatedly called for on forums and been kicked off one well known forum in favour of the argument for overpriced year on year model by model incremental wallet busters IE canon promise of a new age of printing money.

THE RESULT

Finally - what could be done (without ripping off customers) has been done. Black Magic have left nothing. No stone unturned. The day of overpriced cameras. DONE 

Black Magic have NO competition in their price value and their range comprehensively covers professionally what the majority want.

WHAT NEXT?

Will we begin to see other manufacturers compete, leave or try to remove Black Magic, with perhaps an offer for buyout, legal action or an attempt to bury them.

Maybe BMD will just continue to take over the market unabated.

This whole thing has a narrative, innovation and a new beginning.

The future is Black Magic. Long live the future.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

PROBLEMS RESOLVED?

Undoubtably now they will ship on time as the will have been very careful with new sensor manufacturers. Maybe buying them in before this announcement.

I hope they are very conservative with their 'available in July' statement. Best thing would be if they already start rolling the camera's out of the factory now and ship them before July. Then the public opinion about the disastrous BMCC launch/availability might change.

I'm not expecting anything though. Ordered the BMPCC and will not be surprised or pissed off when I don't get it in July. Just Hoping they played it smart :)

I hope they are very conservative with their 'available in July' statement. Best thing would be if they already start rolling the camera's out of the factory now and ship them before July. Then the public opinion about the disastrous BMCC launch/availability might change.

I'm not expecting anything though. Ordered the BMPCC and will not be surprised or pissed off when I don't get it in July. Just Hoping they played it smart :)

Well I think of you agree the sensor fiasco was not down to them and a proven track record of being a solid company they will have learned a huge lesson its almost certain this delivery date is conservative in my view.

Well I think of you agree the sensor fiasco was not down to them and a proven track record of being a solid company they will have learned a huge lesson its almost certain this delivery date is conservative in my view.

I agree. I'm not bitching on them, but the opinion of the public changes after such things. I didn't know much about BM before the BMCC. Probably I'm not the only one.

Just saying I think it would be a smart PR move to say - yeah, it'll ship in July... while they know the first batch is rolling out in a month or so. I'm secretly hoping they did this, but not expecting anything at all.