GH5 slow motion comparison (vs sony a6500, A7SII...)

Grégory LEROY

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
25 minutes ago, Grégory LEROY said:

thanks

I want to say, that i always shot with -5 sharpness.

The best way to add sharpness: 

Unsharp mask: amount 80 and radius 0.8

Colorista II: POP set to 50 this one is really important!

I always use Coloristaii POP settings. It really helps to add sharpness to the image and add more 3d look to the image . Yesterday I shoot on bolex moller anamorphic  with cctv taking lense, and get soft and bloomy image. After using POP in ColoristaII i can't believe to my eyes

2 hours ago, tihon84 said:

I want to say, that i always shot with -5 sharpness.

The best way to add sharpness: 

Unsharp mask: amount 80 and radius 0.8

Colorista II: POP set to 50 this one is really important!

I always use Coloristaii POP settings. It really helps to add sharpness to the image and add more 3d look to the image . Yesterday I shoot on bolex moller anamorphic  with cctv taking lense, and get soft and bloomy image. After using POP in ColoristaII i can't believe to my eyes

I love Colorista. I have IV and I find the guided color correction to be such a quick and painless way to get a great base for grading. I haven't tried Pop yet but I do like in Mojo. 

But it runs so slow on my computer. Painfully so. 

On 2017-5-16 at 11:05 PM, tonysss said:

GH5 360fps :-) 

The project is 25p and the shots GH5 are 180fps/50p  slowed to 50%

As Andrew as pointed out, calling this 360fps is incorrect.

Some further clarification: If 180 frames are recorded then 180 can be played back. If conformed to a 50p timeline you will get a slow down of 3.6 times. If conformed to a 25p timeline you will get a 7.2 times slowdown. You can only get more frames than 180 in this case if you either copy frames (which means it does not get visually slower) or create frames where the new frames are interpolated by particle vector mapping and the like (optical flow in premiere). 

So using 50p to record is probably a waste of time and the title is incorrect. 

To get 14x slowdown; record 180fps at 25p with a fast shutter (90 degrees?). In premiere right click clip on timeline and adjust the speed to 50% and make sure optical flow is enabled on render. The less motion blur the better for this effect I think. 

Nice rain drops!

On 24. 6. 2017 at 7:58 AM, Orangenz said:

As Andrew as pointed out, calling this 360fps is incorrect.

Some further clarification: If 180 frames are recorded then 180 can be played back. If conformed to a 50p timeline you will get a slow down of 3.6 times. If conformed to a 25p timeline you will get a 7.2 times slowdown. You can only get more frames than 180 in this case if you either copy frames (which means it does not get visually slower) or create frames where the new frames are interpolated by particle vector mapping and the like (optical flow in premiere). 

So using 50p to record is probably a waste of time and the title is incorrect. 

To get 14x slowdown; record 180fps at 25p with a fast shutter (90 degrees?). In premiere right click clip on timeline and adjust the speed to 50% and make sure optical flow is enabled on render. The less motion blur the better for this effect I think. 

Nice rain drops!

Yes, you are right

• 1 month later...