First of the new NAB 2013 camera announcements! FT-One with global shutter 4K 900fps

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

FT-ONE-660x495.jpg

Above: the 4K FT-One click the image to enlarge

Japanese pro audio / visual company FOR-A have just announced this high speed monster ahead of NAB. The spec is truly ground-breaking.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/9973/first-of-the-new-nab-2013-camera-announcements-ft-one-with-global-shutter-4k-900fps

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Note:"The sensor is Super 35mm sized and one heck of a beast too. It is quick becoming apparently that development on the sensor side is far outpacing what image processors and media can handle despite the advances in cooler running CPUs, GPUs and SSD drives."
Virtually nothing in dedicated Video HD is coming out in anything but Super 35mm, though I feel that DX is a good contender if they can advance the sensor technology up a bit. Nikon? Are you Listening?

The sample footage wasn't interesting, except for the last shot as mjones41 mentioned. But the specs sound awesome.

But one thing I don't understand (nad has nothing to do with the camera) is how many DPs insist on shooting at 360º shutter on a lot of professional work (I can remember entire movies suffering of this like "Public Enemies" or "Captain America", both of which are set in around the 30's/40's and look terribly digital!).

It can of course be an aesthetical choice, but don't ever tell me they're going for the film look if so!

• 1 year later...