Canon 5D Mark IV Officially Adds C-log for $99

Hanriverprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I will archive your face if you don't shut up :)

Log is log. Eoshd color is magic! That is much better, hasslefree awesome color!

You´re giving Jimmy the Don Rickles all the time. You must love him. Can you gimme some of that too?:)

Edit: Hot darn! Just checked EOSHD Vivid Skintone, looking awesome! Andrew would you like to post

the video with that beautiful color and the beautiful talent in front of your camera?

Would love to see that in motion!

eoshd-vivid-skintone-1.jpg

Whole lot of drama ... whole lotta ... 

I just dropped my GH5 back to the dealer and took delivery of a 5DMk4 and a Zeiss XE 21 .... crap AF and

should I mention the build quality is a bit deficient.

Many dismiss the 5DMk4 due to the crop but I never shoot really wide ... intro shots but nothing

of interest there in video for me ... stills yes but unless I am in the front seat of a bus going over the

falls ... Niagra for those of you in the EU ... don't really need 160 degree angle of view

Love the crop ... as I shoot a bit of landscape and in Texas that means leaning over a fence ... 1.7 works to

keep the dogs, bulls, ranchers at a distance ... really tired of jumping barbed wire ...

Will upgrade to the CLog when available ... not so sure about the EOSHD  bit ... bought the Sony version ... posed a question in a message that 

today ... four months later has not been addressed. Call me a bit jaded. Ban me if you must.

Just sayin.....

Bob

While it lacks an articulating screen and a few niceties like waveforms ... it seems to be a much more substantial camera from a build standpoint and it is very easy to monitor exposure and focus on the Mark IV. I appreciate the addition mass of the camera ... seems much more stable on Glidecam and video head but I miss the IBIS. Huge files but they edit well in Resolve Studio ... and it seems to have less noise and artifacts. Coming from ML Raw on the 7D it is nice to see Canon's color science in 4K. I miss the V-Log but with EOSHD CLog and true Canon CLog coming in July it is a short time till parity with regards to exposure with wide DR settings. Handling the highlights will be the issue ... I need to profile the camera with my Sekonic meter to assist in this area.

I realized that the 1.7 crop is not too much of a detriment as I am usually shooting towards to long side and it uses the sweet spot of the FF lenses. The Zeiss 21 ZE is about as wide as I will need ... With the Mark IV I have returned to MF with Zeiss lenses ... and will look forward to discovering the DPAF tracking at a future date. 

And you get about the same time as with ML Raw at 800MB/Sec for 4KDCI 23.97 ... about 17 minutes per 64Gb card. So I will need to develop a ProRes HQ encoding workflow to save a bit of disc space as I go forward. I did discover that SD UHS-2 cards are not supported and my old Sandisk Pro 95MB/Sec cards work great ... all the 280/300MB/Sec Type 3 cards will not work. CF cards to UDMA 7 are fine.

Really at this point I am trying to get a handle on Resolve ... gave up on the subscription mode of Premiere and hope to learn all the seemingly undocumented shortcuts of Resolve.

Bob