Forum for Hyperlapse and Post Production?

Ki Rin

Just wondering if anyone knows a good forum for hyperlapse post production? (and post production in general).
I've googled, but the only ones which come up seem pretty dead, with only a few posts in the last few months.. 

Hoping someone here knows where to go for advice on these things (especially for after effects). 

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/30/2017 at 2:56 AM, OliKMIA said:

Hi Ki,

You can go take a look on http://timelapsenetwork.com/

I'm a contributor there. Basically the key of hyperlapse is the shooting phase, you must be very accurate. For post processing use the tracker in AE. There are tutorials on youtube.

Wow! First of all, I'm very impressed by your videos! Great work there. I know how much time and effort must go into making it. 

I did make a post at timelapsenetwork a couple of weeks ago. But it seems like it is not a very active forum? 
In any case, I eventually came to the conclusion that you also mentioned. The shooting stage is so critical. I also didn't help myself by choosing an extremely difficult situation for my first attempt. (I was attempting to shoot a hyperlapse along a curving path with no constant fixed points I could use. 
In the end, I did manage to get a half decent stabilized image. But I definitely need to spend a lot more time practicing this technique. 

13 hours ago, Ki Rin said:

Wow! First of all, I'm very impressed by your videos! Great work there. I know how much time and effort must go into making it. 

I did make a post at timelapsenetwork a couple of weeks ago. But it seems like it is not a very active forum? 
In any case, I eventually came to the conclusion that you also mentioned. The shooting stage is so critical. I also didn't help myself by choosing an extremely difficult situation for my first attempt. (I was attempting to shoot a hyperlapse along a curving path with no constant fixed points I could use. 
In the end, I did manage to get a half decent stabilized image. But I definitely need to spend a lot more time practicing this technique. 

Try to start with easy pan from A to B, sideways in straight line. Curve, move in/out from the subjet is always harder to shoot and stabilize. Then use the tracker in AE to stabilize frame by frame...

And be ready to fail, a lot... That's part of the hyperlapse thing. Good luck