Help me with Sankor 16C lenses connection

and0001

IN the picture below you can see that my Sankor narrow than recommended lenses and narrow than any clamps. How to attach my Sankor? The best answer will be with big picture )) I am appreciate all help.

[attachment=458:11.png]

[attachment=459:2.png]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

IN the picture below you can see that my Sankor narrow than recommended lenses and narrow than any clamps. How to attach my Sankor? The best answer will be with big picture )) I am appreciate all help.

attachicon.gif11.png

attachicon.gif2.png

The Sankor lens will need to be placed into the clamp in front of the SLR lens. Then it gets locked in to place via the fasteners. Another way is to set the clamp down on a table or flat surface, set the Sankor in the center, then tighten the fasteners. After that it can be attached right on to the front of your Canon lens via step rings.

Depending on what camera you are using, the 35mm or 50mm Canon lens may be too wide of a focal length for the Sankor. Sometimes you need to go with tighter lenses...like in the 85mm or 100mm range.

Hope this helps.

The Sankor lens will need to be placed into the clamp in front of the SLR lens. Then it gets locked in to place via the fasteners. Another way is to set the clamp down on a table or flat surface, set the Sankor in the center, then tighten the fasteners. After that it can be attached right on to the front of your Canon lens via step rings.

Depending on what camera you are using, the 35mm or 50mm Canon lens may be too wide of a focal length for the Sankor. Sometimes you need to go with tighter lenses...like in the 85mm or 100mm range.

Hope this helps.

Canon lense as an example, Sankor hard to attach to any lense, if don't know how ))  

and i use gh3 and gh2 

contact the clamp seller and ask for a refund.

purple fasteners is so catholic so satanic and popeish  : )

Really, Tony WIlson aka Redstan aka Alan? What's your deal with us?

Last time you were complaining that we lacked color...now it seems to be the wrong color for your liking...anything else we can do for you?

no problem 

just make something man

i am sick of only getting sales based on cleaning up after you guys.

you stated that my stuff was the same materials if not cheaper than yours :lol:

do you really believe that

really deep down

cross you popeish heart and hope to die :lol:

really

Really, please show me where we state such things about Redstan clamps?? We have plenty of customers who come to us after dealing with you, trust us on that one! We believe in offering people options, but you dont seem to like that. And we dont go around threatening others with vulgar and unprofessional emails.

As for material...I love the brits, but somehow you claim that your British aluminum is far superior than Asian or American aluminum...

Whats the difference between your tubes, clamps and hoods?

the metal i use is not british.

british steel got taken over and shut down by an indian billion dollar man.

Whats the difference between your tubes, clamps and hoods?

you need to lay off the crack fella if you believe my products are the same as yours quality wise.

if you cannot see it

you have one of my clamps you purchased it years ago before you started selling you china ext tubes i think you know it is not the same.

i make stuff that fits.

you know fits

as in tight fit.

in the old daze they called it made to measure.

i am interested in the relationship of screw threads and how they relate to other screw threads.

optic to optic coupling turns me on man.

and i offer the tightest coupling in the history of the clamp arts :)

let us have no more tittle and tattle about the equality of anamorphotic clampishness.

Tony, you're arguing against a figment of your imagination...we've never made any statements about your clamps or ours being better than yours. We're not sure how else to get that message across to you.

You feel the need to constantly lie, threaten and attack us for selling something similar to you. But if you want to claim that you were "making" your own "tighter" aluminum ext tubes, while telling everyone to stay away from our tubes, then that's a pretty bold move. And yes, you did claim often that your British metal was far superior.

When we began selling our clamps, yours were nowhere to be found, plain and simple. Thats why we began selling them. We have one of your clamps because it came along with a lens that we bought from you.

"Let us have no more tittle and tattle", until you feel the need to start it up all over again, right? 

Don't be fooled by others who claim exceptional quality but use the same material or worse! We offer the best bang for your dollar!

above quote from your ad

you purchased a clamp from me then started selling an iron plumbing part i made a joke about it on some 5d forum then you changed to china tubes.
the clamp i sent you was not an extension tube.

if you where the 1st clamp man it is indeed a piss poor show yes no.

you where not 

my metal is superior
better in every way because it is a superior material grade
much thicker as well
with a tolerance engineered into it.
be proud of your 3 holes for that is all your input into them.
3 air holes is all that is made in the usa.

why not
find a local engineer get him to make stuff and support your country godamit.

must be plenty amazing ex ford engineers in detroit that would make something real pretty  and proper

We never stated anything negative about your clamps. There were 3 others selling clamps on ebay at the same time. In fact at one time we praised your clamp material on the same 5D forum. Except for the nylon plastic fasteners which did brake eventually. You cant claim that you were the original and 1st clamp maker. 

In the end competition is good for everyone. How can you claim superiority when you used the same material? You'd never have found any iron plumbing parts in our shop, btw. We had a much stronger metal material but it wasnt worth the price in the end when we were out to offer a budget clamp kit at a time when no one else had any clamps available for sale online. Unlike you, we're not making claims that our clamps are anything they're not...we also dont make claims about what other people use unless we know for a fact.

You're acting as if we just buy material and simply mark up the price and thats it! You're wrong and there's a lot more that goes into our kits not to mention the cost of operating business professionally.

attachicon.gif11.png

attachicon.gif2.png

The clamp in your picture looks like one of Vid-Atlantic's XL Clamps.  You will probably need the smaller one for the Sankor.  I can't confirm that, however, since I've never dealt with those clamps before.

MR VID.

as i said you are smokin to much crack man.

you really need to go shoot something for an engineering firm and hope something rubs off on you.

by your comments you are suggesting that when i say my product is the best clamp on the market which it is your comment infers that i am not telling the truth.

i suggest you redress the balance by stating your clamps are the best and finest quality on the market.

at some point in the future someone that has both can state which has tighter tolerances and which has none.

i maybe a mental but i am not a fucking liar.

your stuff is a disgrace and you need to do better.

maybe less time on customer service  ;)

and more time machining something more than hole air

A little snippy there, calm down. So that wasn't you selling extension tube (and lens hood) clamps in the photo we posted above? If our stuff is a disgrace, then you disgraced yourself by selling the same thing...only with less options and no return policy. I'm sorry but  this is getting ridiculous with you. It'd be great if you could stop now... a little less time vamp bashing. We've never done any Stan bashing, but you're relentless!

Also, in our efforts to have a semi-universal, low cost clamp kit with multiple options, we'll stick to this design. Some lenses will fit snug while others will be a little more loose. Your clamps are loose or dont fit all lenses either. If we ended up doing what you want us to do, then it's just not our clamp. Once again, you're acting like we don't measure, or have special rings machined for these kits, no tapping after drilling and no painting and packaging involved. We feel its a good clamp kit design with good service behind it.

Well I looked at both of your products and I tought that they were expensive (price+shipping) for me. I have no idea about the quality of them, it was only the price that made me look elsewhere.

Lucky for me I have a friend who could make a custom clamp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/embergabor/8596382120/in/photostream

The Sankor is about the same size I believe as the Sun, the end diameter is around 43mm.

Either you should buy a smaller clamp or find someone in your area that can make it for you. The basic principle is not that complex, a tube with a filter thread at the back and 3 screw holes plus the screws.

My clamp has a rubber O-ring that gets squeezed by the front ring, thus tightening the anamorphic. A different approach, it keeps the lens' body in its original condition, there are no screws contacting it but it is hard to set up because the front of the clamp is turning while tightening.