Isco S8 2x Focus

Oysters

Greetings Anamorphic freaks, i have some questions about the Isco S8 2x Animex adapter.

I have seen a little written about the focus and a infinity mod on here but wanted to clarify as i found one at not too bad a price

Is it a fixed focus lens at 4M? If i do the infinity mod as shown on here does everything stay in focus within a certain range?

Is it better left at 4M and used at that range?

Does it suit the BMPCC and GH5 best because of its image size?

Would a diopter help or is that pointless on a fixed focus lens if that is the case? ( like would you just change taking lenses and stay at a fixed distance )

Thanks for your time guys, sorry for the noob questions 

IMG_4747.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Oysters said:

Greetings Anamorphic freaks, i have some questions about the Isco S8 2x Animex adapter.

I have seen a little written about the focus and a infinity mod on here but wanted to clarify as i found one at not too bad a price

Is it a fixed focus lens at 4M? If i do the infinity mod as shown on here does everything stay in focus within a certain range?

Is it better left at 4M and used at that range?

Does it suit the BMPCC and GH5 best because of its image size?

Would a diopter help or is that pointless on a fixed focus lens if that is the case? ( like would you just change taking lenses and stay at a fixed distance )

Thanks for your time guys, sorry for the noob questions

• yes its is fixed focus at 4m, there is also a 3m variant
  • if you mod it to infinity, then sharpness nearby suffers significantly. I would only suggest this if you want to use a single focus solution like Rectilux, Rangefinder or the new Aivascope (although that last one may not fit)
  • if you want to know how the lens works on different sensors, use Tito's calculator
  • you can use diopters to decrease the focus distance

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:
  • yes its is fixed focus at 4m, there is also a 3m variant
  • if you mod it to infinity, then sharpness nearby suffers significantly. I would only suggest this if you want to use a single focus solution like Rectilux, Rangefinder or the new Aivascope (although that last one may not fit)
  • if you want to know how the lens works on different sensors, use Tito's calculator
  • you can use diopters to decrease the focus distance

Would that be a short scope x 2 on the calculator?