Canon 5D mkIV Crop Factor Reduction

webrunner5

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

I am just wondering how many are running now to cancel his GH5 pre-order....

Well it is a game changer on it for sure. Imagine a ML Raw hack, Woot!

Well unfortunally it is like 1500 bucks more,but it is FF, and they Do take some damn nice pictures, not counting Canon's Color Science, and well DPAF doesn't hurt in it either. I think the XF-AFC file format is a really big deal also. Moving up to big boy Canon Codec.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well it is a game changer on it for sure. Imagine a ML Raw hack, Woot!

Looks like Canon is finally going to given us what we all were waiting for.....but I don`t think ML will hack the 5dmkiv anytime soon, they are focused in something else.....but if they did.....just imaging a Canon with 4K raw.....a total revolution like the 5dmkii

I am just wondering how many are running now to cancel his GH5 pre-order....

No way people will cancel there orders for no

10bit ,focus peaking , 5axia ibis, etc

plus price point of Gh5 is bargain for indifilmakers 

i agree canon has best PDAF but 8bit and mayby ML thats something i cant gamble my money on

No ML is not going to do it this week, but this has to perk up their Ears LoL.

5 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

i agree canon has best PDAF but 8bit and mayby ML thats something i cant gamble my money on

Yeah but if ML does do a Raw, or hell even Canon themselves, it will be 14bit at least. That IS a big deal. That would make the GH5 look, well, weak Codec wise.

I can see quite a few people changing their minds on the buying the Canon now. Hell I might even consider it myself.  This is some damn exciting news.

3 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

10bit vs 8bit, is there any noticeable difference?, yes, but only for the expert eye, and give a little more room to push in post, so it is really not a break dealer, and guess what, you have the chance to get RAW from ML in the future....mmmm!!!!

focus peaking.....I don`t care, i am a filmmaker, all i need is DPAF from Canon.....

let`s see the price...GH5 = $2,000 , but you also need metabones = $700 , total $2,700

Canon 5dmkiv, BHphoto = $3,400, but I saw it for $2,700 on ebay since last week from a store in NYC, and guess what?, yeap, it just sold out minutes after the announcement of crop factor reduction....

I will chose this 5dmkiv over GH5 any day of the week, and I am sure many GH5 preorders will not be sleeping well tonight....

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

No ML is not going to do it this week, but this has to perk up their Ears LoL.

Yeah but if ML does do a Raw, or hell even Canon themselves, it will be 14bit at least. That IS a big deal. That would make the GH5 look, well, weak Codec wise.

I can see quite a few people changing their minds on the buying the Canon now. Hell I might even consider it myself.  This is some damn exciting news.

Heatsinks has to be modifed in order to run new firmware without premature warning 

also last ML update work was on 70D 3 years ago roughly 

and again why pay 1500$more for tech thats outdated ? 

6 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

10bit vs 8bit, is there any noticeable difference?, yes, but only for the expert eye, and give a little more room to push in post, so it is really not a break dealer, and guess what, you have the chance to get RAW from ML in the future....mmmm!!!!

focus peaking.....I don`t care, i am a filmmaker, all i need is DPAF from Canon.....

let`s see the price...GH5 = $2,000 , but you also need metabones = $700 , total $2,700

Canon 5dmkiv, BHphoto = $3,400, but I saw it for $2,700 on ebay since last week from a store in NYC, and guess what?, yeap, it just sold out minutes after the announcement of crop factor reduction....

I will chose this 5dmkiv over GH5 any day of the week, and I am sure many GH5 preorders will not be sleeping well tonight....

Your filmmaker and all u need is PDFA? ???

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well damn good news on the crop factor on the Canon 5D mkIV. Big improvement!

http://www.canonrumors.com/crop-factor-change-for-4k-canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-included-in-coming-update-more/

It's not news. It might just be made up.

Canon rumors guy says it's a new source.

Sounds too good to be true.

I hope it is though. It would solve the problem of Canon and poor DSLR video in a stroke.

I wouldn't like to see the rolling shutter skew on the 5K readout, as it is already pretty extreme with just the centre crop at 4K.

5 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

Heatsinks has to be modifed in order to run new firmware without premature warning 

also last ML update work was on 70D 3 years ago roughly 

and again why pay 1500$more for tech thats outdated ? 

Your filmmaker and all u need is PDFA? ???

If focus peaking is your deal breaker I guess you have never filmed in celluloid, I have shoot in 35mm with a Konvas and 16mm with an eclair NPR, you can not imagine how tiny is the viewfinder in the NPR, of course I didn`t have focus peaking and never needed, there is something called focus chart, probably you should familiarize with it, DPAF is another history, for doc and run&gun is a bless.....yeap, as a filmmaker I could not care less about peaking....

2 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

If focus peaking is your deal breaker I guess you have never filmed in celluloid, I have shoot in 35mm with a Konvas and 16mm with an eclair NPR, you can not imagine how tiny is the viewfinder in the NPR, of course I didn`t have focus peaking and never needed, there is something called focus chart, probably you should familiarize with it, DPAF is another history, for doc and run&gun is a bless.....yeap, as a filmmaker I could not care less about peaking....

Omg yes yes Canon is the best  is that what u want everyone to say?

its not just Focus peaking 

5-axis in-body image stabilisation system with DUAL IS image stabilisation

Waveform and vectorscope monitors

Internal 4K/30p 10-bit 4:2:2 

1080 video at up to 180p

Pre-config rack focus mode

No record time limits

4K/59.94p and 50p shooting with 10-bit 4:2:2 external output or 8-bit, 4:2:0 internal at 150Mbps IPB (two firmware upgrades in April and the summer will bring 10bit HD 4:2:2 recording and DCI/UHD 4K 4:2:2 10-bit recording at 400Mbps internally, and 1080/60p 4:2:2 10-bit recording at 200Mbps, all using All-I. Anamorphic support coming then, too

Now if u can find Body that coast similar price in Canon with specs i just posted please i will Cancel my preorders because i love canon too 

tommy-and-jonee.jpg

Yeah I remember those LoL. They looked like a pee hole in the snow viewfinder wise.. That is why they used tape measures in the day, and still do.

But wow they were a great outfit to own. GAS back then!

11 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I hope it is though. It would solve the problem of Canon and poor DSLR video in a stroke.

Wouldn't be surprised - does seem like an out of character update for Canon. Their firmware releases are like one small increment along the lines of "Fixed function that no one will even notice anyway."

I nearly bought a Canon 1DX II and decide against due to lack of native CLog and the silly bastard file sizes in MJPEG, as well as the cost of Cfast2 cards. Now I've got the FS5, A6500, A7SII and Shogun Inferno. Ooomph!!

These additions could make it more compelling for video, maybe if I shot way more stills all of a sudden, (which is unlikely), I'd get one (if the update is sure). 

Surely the 1DX II will get this too? (if true). 

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

tommy-and-jonee.jpg

Yeah I remember those LoL. They looked like a pee hole in the snow viewfinder wise.. That is why they used tape measures in the day, and still do. But wow were they are great outfit to own. GAS back then!

hahaha....that`s a nice pic, and of course a NPR is never completed without an angenieux zoom....fantastic days!!!

20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I wouldn't like to see the rolling shutter skew on the 5K readout, as it is already pretty extreme with just the centre crop at 4K.

You have to admit if it IS true, damn this is definitely plan B.