Variable ND filters for video?

Ki Rin

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I would imagine there is a variation even in the good ones, who the hell they are LoL, that make it hard to get a good one or end up with a dud. But for the average stuff done on here I doubt it is too noticeable. I have had several variable ones and the cheapest one I have seems the best, go figure. I think unless you pay a 1000 bucks for one, no guarantee there either I bet, it is hit or miss.

well 1000 bucks is a bit expensive but it is parts that are made to last and that you always use, they don't get much outdated with time like a camera.

i have heliopan and it is quite good but i need a larger one and as i have to travel in the us starting tomorrow will have to buy it over there 'heliopan was out of stock here) and heliopan is not easy to find in the us and quite expensive.

he is objective that is the question as they were sent to him by the company

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Very few customer reviews on it. Like I said sounds too good to be true. But the guy behind it is an experienced video guy. So I guess it might work? It is not crazy expensive unless you go huge. For all you big spends on here, chump change LoL. But it is something you can keep forever so not really that bad.

4 hours ago, thephoenix said:

well 1000 bucks is a bit expensive but it is parts that are made to last and that you always use, they don't get much outdated with time like a camera.

i have heliopan and it is quite good but i need a larger one and as i have to travel in the us starting tomorrow will have to buy it over there 'heliopan was out of stock here) and heliopan is not easy to find in the us and quite expensive.

he is objective that is the question as they were sent to him by the company

I would trust Curtis Judd, his other reviews and opinions seem very unbiased.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:00 PM, chrisE said:

Still waiting for my hardcore Aurora ND filter from Kickstarter. The 82mm model seems to be delayed.... :(

i've been talking with jeff, the creator and owner of the comapny and yes they are delayed, they have 86 but not 82 that are still in china or on they way on the sea

17 hours ago, thephoenix said:

i've been talking with jeff, the creator and owner of the comapny and yes they are delayed, they have 86 but not 82 that are still in china or on they way on the sea

Got a mail, yesterday explaining the situation. I'm not happy with this  delay, but if the final product is worth it, I can deal with it.