GH5 test footage - Post it here!

64mulford

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, 64mulford said:

CON's so far: Annoying sensor that flicks from EVF to LCD (can this be turned off?). Biggest con for me is not being able to flick to 180fps quickly. Had to dig into the menu every time. Really hope this can be assigned to a Function button but doesn't look like it so far. Grrr.

Can you not make a profile with those settings and assign it to one of the C positions on the top plate?

I use that on other Panasonics to quickly change between 4K24p with 1/50, 1080p50 with 1/100 and a generic photography profile.

Lovely stuff of your kids by the way. 

17 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Can you not make a profile with those settings and assign it to one of the C positions on the top plate?

I use that on other Panasonics to quickly change between 4K24p with 1/50, 1080p50 with 1/100 and a generic photography profile.

Lovely stuff of your kids by the way. 

Yes, you can do that BUT I find that way cumbersome. Using the C dials saves all of the settings as they are, so F stop, shutter, ISO and white balance which is a pain as I might be shooting with settings completely different to that and I'll have to spend time changing them to match. Assigning to a function button like I did on the GH4 meant I had to press one button and my current shutter, ISO, WB etc didn't change - much better and efficient. Hopefully they fix this!

• Super Members
15 minutes ago, 64mulford said:

Yes, you can do that BUT I find that way cumbersome. Using the C dials saves all of the settings as they are, so F stop, shutter, ISO and white balance which is a pain as I might be shooting with settings completely different to that and I'll have to spend time changing them to match. Assigning to a function button like I did on the GH4 meant I had to press one button and my current shutter, ISO, WB etc didn't change - much better and efficient. Hopefully they fix this!

I have mine set at a nominal ISO with 180deg shutter angles for the different frame rates and auto WB so its an advantage to me as it means I never have to remember to change to the correct shutter speed when switching between modes, which I was always forgetting to do!

But I can see your point why it doesn't work for you.

The manual seems to say you can map the VFR to a Fn button and it will bring the menu up when pressed but thats not letting you set it directly to the FPS you want at a single stroke is it. It will save you a menu press, a scroll to the video settings and a scroll to the VFR function so thats something I guess.

9 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I have mine set at a nominal ISO with 180deg shutter angles for the different frame rates and auto WB so its an advantage to me as it means I never have to remember to change to the correct shutter speed when switching between modes, which I was always forgetting to do!

But I can see your point why it doesn't work for you.

The manual seems to say you can map the VFR to a Fn button and it will bring the menu up when pressed but thats not letting you set it directly to the FPS you want at a single stroke is it. It will save you a menu press, a scroll to the video settings and a scroll to the VFR function so thats something I guess.

Great minds think alike BTM_Pix. I have arrived at the same conclusion.

1 hour ago, hyalinejim said:

Thanks! Checking it out now. Would love to see some Rec709L samples, if at all humanly possible.

PS: What happened to the fine weather? It's the same over here in Ireland - glorious over the weekend and now back to business as usual!

I would love to see other peoples grades on my files!

Yeah the weather was great up until yesterday!....I was really looking forward to filming in the sun..until I woke up!!

4 hours ago, lmackreath said:

In reference to my above Edinburgh video I have put the ungraded vlog edit into dropbox if anyone wants to download and grade for themselves..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr5qfagz6tm63t5/edinburgh4kungraded.mov?dl=0

Thanks for sharing. This not OOC footage is it? It looks recompressed, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless nice to grade.

edin_001_ungra.jpg

edin_001_grade.jpg

edin_002_ungra.jpg

edin_002_grade.jpg

edin_003_ungra.jpg

edin_003_grade.jpg

edin_004_ungra.jpg

edin_004_grade.jpg

edin_005_ungra.jpg

edin_005_grade.jpg

edin_006_ungra.jpg

edin_006_grade.jpg

1 hour ago, bunk said:

Thanks for sharing. This not OOC footage is it? It looks recompressed, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless nice to grade.

edin_001_ungra.jpg

edin_001_grade.jpg

edin_002_ungra.jpg

edin_002_grade.jpg

edin_003_ungra.jpg

edin_003_grade.jpg

edin_004_ungra.jpg

edin_004_grade.jpg

edin_005_ungra.jpg

edin_005_grade.jpg

edin_006_ungra.jpg

edin_006_grade.jpg

Sorry yes it is compressed.. my broadband is too slow to upload the originals, so these have gone through transcoding to pro res in final cut then Outputted as h.264 file