Vectorscope Waveform for Windows.

Nikkor

I was wondering if there is a software solution for this. A program that analyses part of a screen inside Windows.

I want to use RGB parade in Photoshop because it's the easiest way to get your colors right, why not use it with stills? The setup would consist in two monitors, one with photoshop and another one with this software running, analyzing the photoshop window. Does this exist?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

There doesn't seem to be any software solutions but using an Atomos Samurai or some such would be a good solution.

In a twin monitor setup running Photoshop, you'd have one monitor with all the tools on and the second monitor full screen of the image that you're editing. 

Loop this second screen through to the Samurai so it will be seeing exactly what's on that screen and you simultaneously have full real time histogram, vectorscope, RGB parade etc on the Samurai.

It would actually be a neat system as you could mount the Samurai between the two monitors or above them or wherever and of course it serves double duty as a field recorder and monitor. And its a completely free system if you already own one ;)

Blackmagic do their Ultrascope system but its got issues with USB3 compatibility and would require come cobbling together to use it with one PC (basically you'd have to set up the PC to think it had 3 screens) and its also more expensive anyway than the Samurai.

My logic in this instance would be to say that if I was going to spend $575 on the Blackmagic product anyway then I'd effectively be getting paid $80 to buy the Atomos one !

Or, more likely, I'd say that I was getting the shiny new 4K Ninja Inferno (which also does that stuff of course) for a bargain $420 ;)

Good overview of the scope functionality of the Atomos products here :