Big egg crate

Tim Sewell

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There are several companies who make fabric egg crates.  Some fabric egg crates include "pop-out" frames.  Light-Tools will probably be the most expensive brand.  Don't know if anyone will have your exact size (120x100cm) "off-the-shelf," but the manufacturer in the link (The Rag Place) can make custom sizes.

Years ago, grip manufacturers offered black, aluminum, honeycomb grid sheets, but I haven't seen those in awhile.

Not sure if I ever heard of 'egg crate', that might be the limiting factor in your search. Howabout '(honeycomb) grid', the usual term for I guess the same thing (or did I miss something here)? Meking (eBay/AliExpress, etc) makes cheap ones, you might have to join a couple together to get the size exactly right.

13 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Not sure if I ever heard of 'egg crate', that might be the limiting factor in your search. Howabout '(honeycomb) grid', the usual term for I guess the same thing (or did I miss something here)? Meking (eBay/AliExpress, etc) makes cheap ones, you might have to join a couple together to get the size exactly right.

Egg crate is an extremely common industry term for such grids. Many are called by that exact name by their manufacturers.

8 hours ago, Tim Sewell said:

I searched under both 'egg crate' and 'honeycomb'. My problem is that it's an inexpensive softbox, so I don't really want to spend more on the grid (see what I did there) than I did in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions, though - I'll have a look.

In my experience, egg crates are a real pain that way: Everyone overcharges like nuts for them. The one for my Rifa ex55 retails on its own for almost $200, on top of the price for the fixture itself. Craziness.